Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

what did I do!!!!?

Old 06-25-2011, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ha did the same thing! except the overheated portion! haha but my fenders went flying!
Old 06-25-2011, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AMEchambers
As far as the fender coming off... I had my dealer perform the gas tank and fender recall this morning... I think the a-holes forgot to put on two of the clips because they are MIA and that is the side they had to take off to perform the recall
For the liner recall? They didn't take my fender flares off...just trimmed the part by the front brake lines and added some screws to hold the liners up better.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I suppose that's one way to toast the engine...literally.
It's never a good thing when you "red line" the temperature...you're risking warped heads and blown head gaskets. As rojenx mentions...mud can't get to the thermostat. It's possible you obliterated your cooling fan with all that fun in the mud, either way...sounds expensive
Old 06-25-2011, 08:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As far as the fender coming off... I had my dealer perform the gas tank and fender recall this morning... I think the a-holes forgot to put on two of the clips because they are MIA and that is the side they had to take off to perform the recall
They did the same warranty work for me, and the f'n fender has been vibrating like crazy!!
Old 06-26-2011, 10:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would not shoot the radiator or condensor directly with a power washer as you will bend the fins over.

Can you hear your fan running when the engine is getting hot? It should be pretty loud.

And within a couple hour drive, some locations only have mud to play in. But you might want to slow down......
Old 06-26-2011, 11:18 AM
JK Jedi

Depends on how close he gets with the power washer. But I too would say he just needs to make sure the fan is actually turning....
Old 06-26-2011, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I cleaned out the radiator.. Now it only overheates when it's idling. So I checked the fan and it was dead... Took intake, fan, and radiator out and thoroughly washed everything. Pulled the motor out of the fan cracked it open and washed it out with wd-40. Everythings running great! So a Saturday filled with these chicks naked mud wrestling, beer, red stag, quads and my jk was pretty fun... But the following day was pretty shitty! All on all not too expensive fix I'm happy! Got my fender clips on order. Oh yeah and I found my muffler the next morning!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2081014102.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	175725   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2129993352.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	175727   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1733483245.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	175728   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-136592584.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	175729  
Old 06-26-2011, 01:47 PM
JK Super Freak

So a Saturday filled with these chicks naked mud wrestling, beer, red stag, quads and my jk was pretty fun... But the following day was pretty shitty! All on all not too expensive fix I'm happy! Got my fender clips on order. Oh yeah and I found my muffler the next morning!
LOL. I remember those younger years. Well, actually I only remember parts of them. Looking outside for my motorcycle the next morning, even though I knew it had to come home with me in one piece or I would not be there.

Glad you got it all fixed, did it yourself, and it all worked out. Better get a snorkel!
Old 06-26-2011, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

Default memories

I still remember those days...

Like the time I came home from scouting a trail for an upcoming ride and the wife (#2) was at a neighbors for a superbowl party and when I walked in; she asked the usual question of "How much did it cost us today?" When I replied about $3500 it got real quite & eveyone forgot about the football game and went outside to see the damage.

I had lost it on a hill climb due to busted axle seals and had no rear brakes and was starting to roll over backwards when I hit a tree. The rear glass alone for the hardtop cost $1000.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jeepforfun
The rear glass alone for the hardtop cost $1000.
Holy crap! If my insurance did not cover that, mine would be replaced with aluminum or plexiglass. I usually can't see out it anyway.

Quick Reply: what did I do!!!!?