Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What current Jeep color's will last the longest? AZ

Old 04-07-2009, 07:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by silvel2edge
Well if I go black, do you think it'll last ok if I get it waxed every year or so and give it monthly washes?

Anyone else in AZ with black jeeps have any issues with fading/oxidizing?

I guess my 2nd choice would be silver but i dunno... i love how black looks.
My silver JY faded like a mo-fo. My black (yes, black in AZ) Dodge Dakota faded like a mo-fo too. Every black or silver Chrysler product in AZ seems to fade like, well, you know.

I'm hoping my Rescue Green will last, but I'm a bit concerned why Jeep discontinuted it.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Silver and grey are two of the absolute worst colors for holding up. Always have been. I don't know what it is. I have never seen a silver or grey that lasted a long time....that was NOT garaged or covered regularly. It's just the nature of the beast.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:26 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AZJeeper
My silver JY faded like a mo-fo. My black (yes, black in AZ) Dodge Dakota faded like a mo-fo too. Every black or silver Chrysler product in AZ seems to fade like, well, you know.

I'm hoping my Rescue Green will last, but I'm a bit concerned why Jeep discontinuted it.
Mo-fo....I gotta remember that one.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm curious which colors of the current Wrangler lineup will last the longest without fading or oxidation?

Do all the colors have a clearcoat or UV protection?

A friend of mine is wanting red and i've been wanting black but we both want to keep these for 10+ years and want them to look good for as long as possible.
i would like to think mine ,don't wax or wash (how many washes can a soap bar take?)
Old 04-08-2009, 04:27 AM
JK Freak

Well if I go black, do you think it'll last ok if I get it waxed every year or so and give it monthly washes?

Anyone else in AZ with black jeeps have any issues with fading/oxidizing?

I guess my 2nd choice would be silver but i dunno... i love how black looks.
IMO, nothing looks better than black, but it shows everything and requires alot of effort. If you're worried about fading and UV protection, use Zaino products. Best stuff I've ever used. It's slightly expensive for everything, but well worth it when you're finished. Has the best UV protection and man it just make your ride look awesome!
http://www.zainostore.com/
Old 04-08-2009, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's interesting. I wonder why silver and grey fade more than any other color? I would think Silver wouldn't fade as quickly because it's almost white.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:45 PM
JK Freak

Your paying close to 30k you best get the color you really want, screw the fortune telling.

Quick Reply: What current Jeep color's will last the longest? AZ