Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What came with your 2012 JKU

Old 11-20-2011, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What came with your 2012 JKU

I should be hearing from the dealer any day now about my '12 JKU having arrived. I will be instructing him to not put any of the dealer badges on the Jeep. With all the excitement of picking up a new car I thought I should get a list together of things to do and items that should come with before I walk out of the dealer ship.

I am picking up a JKU rubicon with dual tops. The soft top will most likely still be in the box.

1. Inspect the exterior/interior
2. Making sure the skid plates are there
3. Inspect the soft top to make sure all hardware is there and it is complete.
4. Hard top freedom covers - do I get these with the hard top?

Can I get some assistance with things that were missed when picking up your Jeep?
Old 11-20-2011, 02:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure if you get the storage bags with the freedom panels..

But i'm happy to see that you have the softtop hardware and stuff on the list.

I can't think of anything else to check really, do an overall inspection and make sure the swaybar disconnects and the lockers engage and you can get it into 4Lo without an issue. Also check the caps and plugs in the engine bay..

Then enjoy!
Old 11-20-2011, 02:20 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should get the soft top assembly bolted to the rollbar under the hardtop, freedom top panel bag, box of door surrounds, and box of soft top windows. Plus full tank of gas
Old 11-20-2011, 04:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't have to run a front license plate in your state make sure they don't drill the punch out's on the front bumper. Hopefully you will replace it soon anyways but IMO the stocker looks a lot better without 2 holes right in the middle. Congrats on the Jeep!
Old 11-20-2011, 05:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

x2 on the soft top attached to the roll bar inside the hard top and storage bag for freedom panels. there should be straps, at least one to tie the soft top down when it's in the sunrider position. also, 4 roll bar handles, at least that was the case on my 2012 Rubi. the rear ones mount too far back because of the sound bar, you'll probably want to get some rugged ridge ones for the rear that attach to the bolts in the sound bar instead. folks often buy the floor mats when they get a new jeep, but the mopar ones don't cover the back carpet well, go with weathertech, husky or quadratech instead.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ssach
4. Hard top freedom covers - do I get these with the hard top?
I also recently picked up my '12 JKU. It's a Sport 24s package though. It did come with both hard and soft tops. Because of the weather in the North East, I requested the hard top be on there for the pick-up. It did come with the freedom panels storage/carry bag and 4 carpeted floor mats, plus the 'trunk' reversible carpeted floor mat.

I didn't have the dealer install the soft-top, but got in writing the order to have it installed in the Spring.

I didn't get any roll bar handles though, kinda wish I said I wanted them...live an learn. I think if I asked to have one more thing for free they would have canceled the deal.

If you haven't browsed through this thread, it's worth a few minutes: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...should-be-done
Old 11-20-2011, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDago
I also recently picked up my '12 JKU. It's a Sport 24s package though. It did come with both hard and soft tops. Because of the weather in the North East, I requested the hard top be on there for the pick-up. It did come with the freedom panels storage/carry bag and 4 carpeted floor mats, plus the 'trunk' reversible carpeted floor mat.

I didn't have the dealer install the soft-top, but got in writing the order to have it installed in the Spring.

I didn't get any roll bar handles though, kinda wish I said I wanted them...live an learn. I think if I asked to have one more thing for free they would have canceled the deal.

If you haven't browsed through this thread, it's worth a few minutes: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...should-be-done
Handles only come with the rubi's (I have the Sport S as well)
Old 11-20-2011, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also, you are instructed by Jeep to take one of the tops off, as to not damage either of them with them both on. Otherwise like was mentioned, pop the hood and take a quick look at the fluids, and just turn it on, make sure nothing sounds funny, etc. Have fun!
Old 11-20-2011, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See my sig.

Hell, I'da preferred if they didn't even wash it, those guys can screw up a wet dream.

As mentioned there's is a bag for the freedom tops and one set of usable, one set of completely useless grab handles in the glove box w/Rubis.

Oh, and don't bother bitching about the owners manual not fitting the glove box, I had to snake my 08 "bag" to get it to fit. Also snagged my clear plastic mat covers (like the mat u get for a desk chair on carpet - they are awesome). Flip the rear mat over so it's easily cleaned.

Make sure the engine is cold, check the oil, listen when u start it, as u will from then on.

Congrats, Rubi's are the shitz.

Last edited by 03fatboy; 11-20-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Should come with the hard and soft top on with the soft top folded inside the hard top, a box with door surrounds, a set of 4 mats and a cargo matt, and an owners manual(paper and disc) in a green cloth bag.

Quick Reply: What came with your 2012 JKU