Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What am I doing wrong?

Old 01-11-2009, 06:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tango3065
These are the same tires that Sahara's come with from the factory and I will agree they are great tires in snow and ice.

LOL havent had any problems with mine.
Are the Duelers that come on the Sahara the "Revo" model? I ask that because the pic that Widewing shows of the Dueler are not the same lug pattern as mine....not even close. My Dueler "Revo" ATs have a MUCH more deep and aggresive lug pattern. From what I recall not all Duelers are Revos. And from what I was told the Revo design was the latest tech. from Bridgestone.

Edit......Never mind, I posted before I read redsfan's post. I didn't think all of them were "Revos" I think the new Revo tech makes all the difference.

Last edited by AK4Dave; 01-11-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackNorthernJK
Dude...if your able to drive at 80km/hr why would you even need 4hi? Seriously, thats why your fighting to keep it tracking straight, your probably driving a litte fast for road conditions, just because you've got 4hi doesn't mean you can't spin outta control especially at those speads, but...just my opinion
I agree. I use 4x4 in winter on anything but dry pavement for my own piece of mind. My ill-suited tires and short wheelbase require it more often than it did last year with my merely adequate tires (245/75/R16 Wrangler SRA). I'm not going to go up to 80km/h and hold it there because it's the recommended top speed in 4x4 and I think I'll be safe from anything. I go far slower than that if the conditions dictate.

Just so you know I'm not crazy.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK Freedom
Sahara stock tires in snow is shit

One more thing: A Jeep is a RWD, just like your Camaro.
Most of the cars are FWD, that's why it's better in the snow.
LoL!!! Figures, I have a Sahara with stock tires. As for the RWD/ FWD, I understand that completely. The Camaro was a 350v8 and RWD with absolutley no weight what so ever in the back made that car amazing on dry roads, but it was like ice skating even in rain.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by echofoxtrot
I agree. I use 4x4 in winter on anything but dry pavement for my own piece of mind. My ill-suited tires and short wheelbase require it more often than it did last year with my merely adequate tires (245/75/R16 Wrangler SRA). I'm not going to go up to 80km/h and hold it there because it's the recommended top speed in 4x4 and I think I'll be safe from anything. I go far slower than that if the conditions dictate.

Just so you know I'm not crazy.
I gotcha...sorry you don't like the SRA's though, I didn't find 'em half bad at all, much better in icy snowy conditions than my current Firestones...there are MUCH better tires I'm sure than SRA's, but for an AT I didn't mind them....
Old 01-11-2009, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are the Duelers that come on the Sahara the "Revo" model? I ask that because the pic that Widewing shows of the Dueler are not the same lug pattern as mine....not even close. My Dueler "Revo" ATs have a MUCH more deep and aggresive lug pattern. From what I recall not all Duelers are Revos. And from what I was told the Revo design was the latest tech. from Bridgestone.

Edit......Never mind, I posted before I read redsfan's post. I didn't think all of them were "Revos" I think the new Revo tech makes all the difference.

Sorry I just figured they all were since thats what mine has, I keep forgetting it was made in Nov 08 so they might of changed some small things without telling us .
Old 01-11-2009, 08:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx
I'll take MT's in snow over an AT ANY DAY of the week.
and offroading in anything over a couple inches I agree, MT's utilize their digging power to get you down onto solid ground kinda like being in mud, but on the street with an inch or so of compacted snow with icy patches...I gotta say the AT's are usually gonna beat any MT any day...unless of course the MT's are studded
...I'm gettin around just fine with my MT's this winter, it's slick at times, traction control is getting triggered LOTS and I gotta slow down more than I did last year with the SRA's on, but I don't mind 'cause I prefer having the ability to give 'er hell out in some deep stuff for some fun

Quick Reply: What am I doing wrong?