Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wet Seats...........Blah

Old 10-07-2008, 12:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Wet Seats...........Blah

Ok last night i went to bed with the top down and woke up this morning to a complete down pour. I dont mind that the floors are wet and everything else but I do mind that the seats are soaked! I have taken the jeep and vaccummed as much of the water out of the seats as i could but it desnt help. when i push on the seats water just pours out. Any suggestions on driing the seats, i dont want them to mildew. Please suggestions.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with the leaks I have, I always have wet seats to deal with. What I do is use towels to get the worst part, then cover it with towels if I have to drive it until a sunny day where I can leave it in the sun all day. While waiting on the sun I crack the windows if it isnt raining and leave the seats uncovered. I used to try to vac it, but found it to be a waste of time and quarters.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:03 PM
JK Newbie

put a fan in the rear of your jeep with the windows down about an inch or so and let the fan run over night. Seats will be dry in the morning and no mildew.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by retired
put a fan in the rear of your jeep with the windows down about an inch or so and let the fan run over night. Seats will be dry in the morning and no mildew.
That's a pretty good idea! I had this problem back in the day with my TJ, but I don't anymore. I got a garage!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've used a copy of fans to help dry mine.

But I've never gotten them truly soaked like you have.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:46 PM
JK Newbie

Default thanks

Thanks for the fan idea i will try that tomorrow. I had to zip the windows up tonight because it is still a 90% chance of rain. So hopefully that will not do to much more damage. I just dont understand why they put seat like that period in a jeep. I had an element before this one and the seat were completely waterproof and comfortable. That should be standard in the jeep. Duh
Old 10-07-2008, 10:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fans will do the trick. A heater may also help. Moving dry air across them is the key...get fresh, dry air moving into the jeep, and damp air moving out.

The heater will help because hot air can hold more moisture than cold air.

Neoprene seat covers will help in terms of keeping seats dry. They're not waterproof, but they're water resistant. I found this one out when I had the hard top off, and just the two front panels on. Thunderstorm blew in while I was having dinner with my girlfriend...but my newly installed seat covers kept the upholstery on the rear seats dry.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by w squared
Neoprene seat covers will help in terms of keeping seats dry. They're not waterproof, but they're water resistant. I found this one out when I had the hard top off, and just the two front panels on. Thunderstorm blew in while I was having dinner with my girlfriend...but my newly installed seat covers kept the upholstery on the rear seats dry.
I'm probably going to go this route eventually - it will mean I don't have to worry as much about getting caught in the rain. I'd rather just leave the doors off all summer, rain or no rain, and that would help.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Always check the weather forecast Jeepers!
Old 10-08-2008, 02:03 PM
JK Super Freak

my back seats get rained on all the time and are allowed to air dry. No mildew here.

Quick Reply: Wet Seats...........Blah