Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Were Wranglers meant to be practical?

Old 03-07-2011, 08:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was only practical in the war and now if you lived in the east this year or drive trails every other day. Which I drive trails every couple of days
Old 03-07-2011, 08:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Practicality and drivability are relative. Let's go through the vehicles that I have bought for myself '67 bronco (okay that was a handmedown from Dad), '78 F-150, '76 Superbeetle (only car), '89 Ranger, '96 Ram 1500, 2000 F-250 4x4 (still own as my 5th wheel hauler and cargo hauler).

My JKU is the most practical and smoothest riding vehicle I have ever owned
Old 03-07-2011, 10:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rickyj
Riding trails is not the only thing that makes a Wrangler more practical for a car, but only for the people who need it. And for anyone who does live in the country, there are more practical choices. Including say the Grand Cherokee that has more clearance than the Wrangler (look it up), more torque to the wheels by a massive percentage, rides much better, is much safer, is much quieter, and on and on.

I don't hate the Wrangler at all guys, I love it. But "being practical" is not and hopefully never will be what sells this vehicle. This is a niche vehicle. Practicality was NEVER the intent of Chrysler. The day that FIAT decides to make this a "practical" choice is the day that the Wrangler will die.
LOL whatever. If I wanted the more "practical" Grand Cherokee bus to tote just myself around, I would drive my wifes Tahoe. And that thing has more dodads and plastic crap to rattle apart out here than even a JK. All a Cherokee would mean is that I would need a third vehicle to hit the trails with. Not more practical for me.

Last edited by Yankee; 03-07-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Were Wranglers meant to be practical?