Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Well, the JK's gone, hello XJ

Old 12-12-2008, 09:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, the JK's gone, hello XJ

We finally decided we like our money better than the JK and sold it (the JK that is...). I picked up a '01 Cherokee with 80K miles, a 4.5" lift, rear Chryco 8.25 w/ ARB, SYE, Tom Woods CV shaft, RS9000s, JKS Quicker discos, Rusty's track bar, intake and spacer, currently on 32" Yoko Geos.

It's been more than a month and I've had a chance to take the XJ through snow and over ice. I have to say the JK was amazing on icy roads. But, the XJ does great in deeper snow it's better torque, and gobs more ground clearance. The XJ's much rougher (short arms) than the JK, but does a heck of a lot better on high speed bumps due to it's higher spring rates and more travel.

Anyway, sometimes I really miss the JK (easier to get into), sometimes I really like the utilitarian aspects of the XJ (and the power windows/locks).

The main thing is that I really do miss this forum and it's great group of people. Someday I'll get another JK, but then I'll get a Rubi, and put a real suspension on it so I'm not afraid I'll bash it up.

Take care!
Old 12-13-2008, 02:01 AM
JK Jedi

Sorry to hear, but congrats on the XJ!
Old 12-13-2008, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
Sorry to hear, but congrats on the XJ!
Hey Pearl, I've decided to sell the Marshall amp to fund a winch & bumper for the XJ. I hate to admit it's been in storage for 7 years since I lost my Strat when a plane crashed into the house. I replaced some of my lost bass gear, but never the 6-string. Luckily the Marshall was in the car when the house went up in flames.

Funny how priorities change. Back then I had a big empty space in my winch bumper, but was buying tons of tube amps & guitars. Now I want the winch.

I figured you'd understand.

Quick Reply: Well, the JK's gone, hello XJ