Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Well I knew it was bound to happen.....and it did.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
Yeah they do. It is a dealer add-on accessory. You can go to your dealer and buy one now. They're more than $15 now though. Mine was over $80.
When I got mine it wasn't an option... then a couple months later they became available from the dealer ( and on Ebay ) but ( as you said ) for much more money.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidwm71
When I got mine it wasn't an option... then a couple months later they became available from the dealer ( and on Ebay ) but ( as you said ) for much more money.
after I got my jks I purchased the cheaper locking caps. after about 2 months of dealing with that little key, I bought two of the nicer ones and had them keyed to my ignition key....worth every penny.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about your gas getting stolen. If it happened to me, I'd be happy to just have gas stolen instead of punching a hole in my tank to get it, that would be WAY more expensive to fix!

I got lucky on my 07 Jeep, came with a locking gas cap that uses the Jeep's key.

Here's my little word of advice on locking gas caps...I had one on my previous Jeep, it was nice and all but it may give you problems in the winter. The keyhole on the cap got frozen over with ice and it took me about 10 minutes of messing with it to get the key to even turn! I plan on getting one of those gas door covers to prevent this from happening this coming winter.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:00 AM
JK Super Freak

ya will be getting one of those
Old 06-27-2008, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by davidwm71
you can still get one thats not matched to igntion key for $12.67

jparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=1886&osCsid= 2785a32102af6b0067cb12b1c7d9afd5
Old 06-27-2008, 08:05 AM
JK Freak

I plan on installing one of these on the gas door itself and hooking it to my alarm as an instant trigger device. As soon as the gas door is opened the alarm will go off simple peel and stick 3m tape on the door and a screw in the plastic surround.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bcperry2000
gotta love the castle doctrine in TX
We got one here in FL recently too. Best B'Day present EVER!!! Soon I might be able to bring it to work without getting in trouble. I still prefer a 357 mag to a 9mm. Sounds from one round will usually work. (If it doesn't work, then I'd get a .454 and just say stop -- img259.imageshack.us/img259/4255/454lfz4.jpg)

Last edited by zoomzoomjr; 06-27-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I work at a rental store for the summer, and we rent all kinds of powered equipment (power washers, trenchers, thatchers, aerators, tillers, lawn mowers, etc etc).

Most of our equipment has Honda Engines attached to them, which are pretty good with gas. Last year, maybe 1 in 20 rentals would need to be fully refilled with fuel (Fuel is included with rental). This year, every other rental has an empty tank.

I mean, it's maybe a gallon at the most, but people are just taking gas wherever it lays!
Old 06-30-2008, 06:42 PM
JK Freak

anti-siphon,, not really,, any jobber/supply house for auto shops sell a gas/fuel caddy, its what We use to siphon fuel out when we replace an in the tank fuel pump.. small hose goes in and run the hand crank till the fuel comes out.. easy and fast.. I'm sure you will see these being used at night to "find" fuel by shady people..
Good luck!
Old 07-01-2008, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xarkansasx
I went into target to grab a few items for a party I was headed to.
When I got back out in the parking lot. My jeep's gas cap was hanging down by the side.... I stuck my finger in there as far as I could, no sugar, no piss, nothing but the smell of gas. As i started up, I noticed my fuel level a little low....

I also noticed it the next day when it happened again while I was at work.....

So my locking fuel door cover is on its way...

I know no other jeeper would ever do such a thing, but a fair warning....with gas prices on the rise, don't let what happened to me, happen to you.

And also, don't think that your area is safe from that kind of theft. I live in Mission Viejo.... That place where crime is only heard about in night time stories and late re-runs of cops.... yah......
Dude that sucks I thought we lived in a cool place. I live in lake forest. I always had that thought in the back of my mind too. I guess its time to get the fuel door and wheel locks Just in case

Quick Reply: Well I knew it was bound to happen.....and it did.