Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Well…it happened!

Old 04-07-2009, 07:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well…it happened!

3,700 miles on the JK and my windshield got chipped. It happens. What pisses me off is a dumb ass truck driver went off the edge of the road and kicked up the rocks! There was a tail wind, so he wasn’t pushed off the road. Learn how to drive for Christ sake!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 08:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

LoL!!! "It must be a Jeep thing!" I got a chip in my windshield at about 3700 miles from a truck as well.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TommyG
LoL!!! "It must be a Jeep thing!" I got a chip in my windshield at about 3700 miles from a truck as well.
no chips or cracks in my windshield yet but I did snap the cable on my e-brake tonight...
Old 04-07-2009, 09:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn... you lasted a long time. Mine got it's first chip at less than 300 miles, the first time on a highway.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:36 PM
JK Freak

I went out to shovel after a snowstorm back in January. When I was done I cleaned off my Honda Civic. Something didn't look right. I looked closer and there was a crack from drivers side to passenger side. I was pissed. Then as I looked at it from the inside it hit me. I had a huge stone bounce off right in my field of vision last summer. The crack went right through that spot. The extreme cold must have caused the crack. I didn't want the glass guys to suffer in the cold so I held off calling to replace it. I actually just called my insurance yesterday and they called the company I said I was going to use. They are coming out Friday. But the thing that pisses me off is they say they'll be here between 9-4. WTF! You can't give me a more exact time frame???

Luckily, here in MA windshields are covered 100% by insurance. Do they cover it where you are?
Old 04-08-2009, 02:00 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On my 3rd windshield now, and it's cracked.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SmokeShowin

Luckily, here in MA windshields are covered 100% by insurance. Do they cover it where you are?

If I have the windshield repaired it won’t cost me anything. If I have it replaced I’ll have to pay my comprehensive deductable.

A lot of people think the JK windshield is thin. I don’t think it is. It just takes a nearly direct hit because it sits at close to 90 degrees. Other vehicle’s windshields take a glancing blow.
I was a master auto-glass installer years ago. I pity the poor bastard who’s going to work on my windshield. I know what I’m looking at and I know what I expect. This person better be good!
Old 04-08-2009, 04:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TRAILBUCK
3,700 miles on the JK and my windshield got chipped. It happens. What pisses me off is a dumb ass truck driver went off the edge of the road and kicked up the rocks! There was a tail wind, so he wasn’t pushed off the road. Learn how to drive for Christ sake!!!
Mine got cracked on my first road trip with less than 1K on it. I'm on my 3rd windshield now with 25K on it and I noticed a crack starting yesterday while I was washing it. Colorado is hell on windshields! I really think they should put a cracked windshield on the state flag. 50% of the vehicles in the mountains up here have a cracked windshield and just deal with it
Old 04-08-2009, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Everything usually happens to mine in the beginning. Within first few months then nothing will happen to it for a long time. Its just life trying to piss you off once again!
Old 04-08-2009, 05:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkjeep
On my 3rd windshield now, and it's cracked.
I am on my third windshield as well....its a jeep thing for sure LOL

Quick Reply: Well…it happened!