Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Welcome to the club...

Old 07-28-2008, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welcome to the club...

I was up on Cape Cod over the week. Pulled into a Dunkin Donuts for some iced coffee and there was a light blue '47 Willys two spots over. Went over with my son to take a look.

The owner comes out and is pleased as punch to show it off. It was his grandfather's when new, and has been in the family as a beach wagon since. Added a neat extended bed back in '48 that reused the Willys tailgate. Showed us the parts he's had to replace and related how hard it was to find some of them. It's a working Jeep, not a show piece and it was truly cool.

Then I offered that I'm driving the new JK and I'm glad to see that at least some of the same spirit is connecting us. More than a little he says - the 4 door with the extended bed reminds him of granddaddy's '48 mod and the lines are all the same but bigger.

Great conversation that ends up with "welcome to the club". I might have been inclined to say something like "I've had it for over a year" but that just didn't seem relevant.

Last edited by RepressedSince15; 07-28-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:01 AM
JK Junkie

awesome,jeeps make everyone feel good
Old 07-28-2008, 09:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good story.

When it comes to the club, his Jeep is a Charter member.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:02 PM
JK Super Freak

It is so cool to acknowledge and enjoy things from the past. It made your day and definitely made his. It is amazing the stories you hear from encounters like that.

Quick Reply: Welcome to the club...