Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

weird sound since yesterday mudding

Old 11-21-2010, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default weird sound since yesterday mudding

yesterday i did some mudding and when i hit the pavement started to hear weird sound.... it only happen when in gear (i have auto) it sometimes do it when stopped at idle, but when i just press the gas it does this sound like when the breaks are press on a red light and the jeep is moving a bit, but the weirdest sound is made when i do a turn. i just wash the jeep and notice that the rear differential air respirator tube was out. i went yesterday through some mud puddles. i will do differential oil change tomorrow, anything else i should worry about??
Old 11-21-2010, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just found out that one of the tires were leaking air and was at 15 psi. fill it to 35psi and 95% of sounds gone now i still have a weird sound when i turn to the right and it have to do some torque. check the the joints on the right (passenger side) and even tho the jeep is all mudded i can see like one of the joints leaked some grease because i can see mud and grease....
Old 11-22-2010, 04:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Def. change the dif oil if your tube came off and you went through water higher than your axel.

Quick Reply: weird sound since yesterday mudding