Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wedding Registry on Quadratec?

Old 02-28-2011, 03:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wedding Registry on Quadratec?

So, the girlfriend and I are starting on wedding plans. Thinking about the lack of funds for anything to go into the Sahara, I jokingly pondered setting up a registry with Quadratec to get mods. It didn't take but a fraction of a second for me to consider it seriously. What do you guys think? If enough of us asked, do you think we could get them to get something going for all the cash-strapped grooms out there who are modless because of their wedding budgets? Is this something you guys would seriously use?
Old 02-28-2011, 03:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They pretty much have this, set up your wish list then all your friends and family need is your email address to see what you need/want

http://www.quadratec.com/mygarage/login.php?
Old 02-28-2011, 05:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by balonywolf
So, the girlfriend and I are starting on wedding plans. Thinking about the lack of funds for anything to go into the Sahara, I jokingly pondered setting up a registry with Quadratec to get mods. It didn't take but a fraction of a second for me to consider it seriously. What do you guys think? If enough of us asked, do you think we could get them to get something going for all the cash-strapped grooms out there who are modless because of their wedding budgets? Is this something you guys would seriously use?
When you say "they", are you referring to fiancés, or Quadratec? I'm assuming you mean Quadratec, but I think it needs to be said that you found a good one (i.e. fiancé).
Old 02-28-2011, 05:19 AM
JK Newbie

I don't know if my balls are that big. This idea looks good on paper buuuuuut you would have to have a brass set.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I dunno, man... Stuff for the Jeep is cool... but you're gonna need that blender at some point.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's the first thing I said when we started to put together a registry. When the woman asked what I wanted to register for, and apparently you can't just ask for cash, I said "we can register for Jeep stuff!" I didn't even get a response. I thought it was a great idea, Jeep stuff is stuff I would actually use. In the end we ended up registering for the normal crap. Though most of the kitchen stuff we want is comparable in price to that of Jeep parts...
Old 02-28-2011, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

We've already got a house together and are pretty-well stocked with appliances, gadgets, all the typical registry stuff. Where most people would be looking to start off with stuff, we'd only be looking to upgrade what we already have. I figured, why not get some fun stuff? I was thinking, if my GF would let me ask for Jeep stuff, I'd let her ask for really nice art supplies and the kinds of toys she would want. Of course we'd still register at Bed, Bath & Beyond, Target, all the usual suspects. I thought it'd be fun to throw something like Quadratec into the mix. No harm in asking, right?
Old 02-28-2011, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by balonywolf

If I were you, I'd DIVORCE Quadratec like many people have... their OUTRAGEOUS shipping rates have led to "Irreconcilable Differences" for anyone who has taken the time to look elsewhere...
Old 02-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello balonywolf,

Thanks for considering registering at Quadratec.
The link Jeepin Dad posted is a good start. PM me if there is anything we can help with.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

As someone else pointed out, the wish list works the same as a wedding registry would. But I think you have a good idea. Wish I would have thought of that when we got married 10 months ago. Happy marriage to both of you!

Quick Reply: Wedding Registry on Quadratec?