Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The Weather - I think this is amazing

Old 09-13-2007, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Weather - I think this is amazing

Just realized something, I drove my JK off the lot on 13 June 07 and it has never been exposed to the rain here in VA. In the last 3 months it has only rained 3 times here and each time it was over the night and the JK was inside sleeping. I have sprayed down the soft top a couple times during washing to check for leaks but still waiting for the real thing from mother nature.

Last edited by Smiley; 09-13-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im just glad i will be getting mine at the end of the textbook "summer". the main difference from summer to winter in florida is the amount of rain. daily afternoon thunderstorms during summer, to very little rain during winter!
Old 09-13-2007, 11:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Smiley
Just realized something, I drove my JK off the lot on 13 June 07 and it has never been exposed to the rain here in VA. In the last 3 months it has only rained 3 times here and each time it was over the night and the JK was inside sleeping. I have sprayed down the soft top a couple times during washing to check for leaks but still waiting for the real thing from mother nature.
That is truly unfortunate. Mine has survived a number of good thunderstorms this summer, as it must sleep outside on the street, and I actually enjoy driving the jeep in foul weather. It drives much better on the wet streets than any of the other cars I have driven and I have a certain pride in knowing that I am not stopped by flooded intersections and surprise pot holes. I continue to check for water leaks from the top, but have yet to see any. So get out and enjoy the weather, the Jeep can take it.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:33 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm with Mikey, you're one lucky son of a gun. I've had the top off for one day since I bought it three weeks or so ago because of the lousy 'like clockword' afternoon thunderstorms in FL.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:47 PM
JK Super Freak

It was raining the day I drove mine home from the dealer.

Quick Reply: The Weather - I think this is amazing