Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

WCC Zippo Build

Old 10-24-2011, 02:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DTS
Its not exactly how we would have built it but for a "promo" vehicle for Zippo I think it turned out pretty cool. We were proud to make our contribution so it at least had some real-world wheeling parts on it

BTW, I got a little screen time on the episode, and my boss Larry got to talk up the PSC gear a bit. Too bad they misspelled his last name.
The Poison Spyder stuff was the best part of the build. I was all excited when I saw PSC stuff arrive and hoped the build would evolve into something more.

But when they put 20" wheels on the build plan, I knew where the build was headed after that. It was the big Zippo on the back, however, that took it over the top for me and made the whole build lame. I would also liked to have seen more on the brushed paint and the supercharger. It was hard to get a sense of what the paint was like on TV, and they did not even try to do a burnout at the end or show off the RIPP supercharger.

Last edited by porters; 10-24-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Liked it all but the grille. It isn't a Jeep without the classic grille. My wife agreed she walked in and said it looked good but that grille is ugly.

Quick Reply: WCC Zippo Build