Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

WCC Zippo Build

Old 10-23-2011, 09:46 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm usually a "to each their own" kind of guy with mods but.......you just don't ditch the seven slot grill on a Wrangler. If that were my Jeep I'd be pissed off.

Last edited by Sharkey; 10-23-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:59 PM
DJV
JK Newbie

I think the wheels are incredible. Very tonka truck dreaming. Unfortunately the grill has the same toy effect but in a bad cheap way.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought the wheels, grill, and oversize lighter were a bit tacky. I like the roof rack although it would impede the convertible factor since it mounts to the hard top and window frame. The logo in the doors was cool though. Overall, I give it a C+.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:12 AM
blw
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like this show and I think this was their easiest, most understated build I've seen. I wonder how it drives without a regear, though. And I bet the new grill makes the supercharger run a bit hot.

Did anyone see the show a while back about them opening a shop in Berlin? What ever happened to that? I'm guessing it didn't pan out...
Old 10-24-2011, 07:20 AM
Former Member

I like it, Nice idea and built clean.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:09 AM
DTS
Former Member

Its not exactly how we would have built it but for a "promo" vehicle for Zippo I think it turned out pretty cool. We were proud to make our contribution so it at least had some real-world wheeling parts on it

BTW, I got a little screen time on the episode, and my boss Larry got to talk up the PSC gear a bit. Too bad they misspelled his last name.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:14 AM
JK Freak

This is a "Promo Jeep" so it's cool for what it is. If this was just some guy's build I would say what were they think. Its much cooler that the Muscle Milk Promo jeep that is parked down the street.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by blw
I like this show and I think this was their easiest, most understated build I've seen. I wonder how it drives without a regear, though. And I bet the new grill makes the supercharger run a bit hot.

Did anyone see the show a while back about them opening a shop in Berlin? What ever happened to that? I'm guessing it didn't pan out...
It is closed and they are planning on opening another store somewhere else. From what I can tell they wanted the guys in Berlin to work crazy hrs, like they do in teh Cali shop, and they weren't willing to really work like that.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:25 AM
DTS
Former Member

Dug up a few photos I took on the day we delivered the PSC parts they used in the build...

Old 10-24-2011, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

Lots of cool mods i'd love to have on my JKU, but it the 20" rims and the lack of the classic jeep grill ruined it for me. To each their own though.

Quick Reply: WCC Zippo Build