Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Way to expensive

Old 07-08-2012, 01:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Way to expensive

Took the time today to think about how expensive this way of life really is. I have an 09 unlimited rubi on 35's 3 in full traction and a bunch of other mods and idk of I can afford this much longer. I don't have the money for gas or even a oil change haha. Want to do so many fun trips but can't cuz I always manage to break something. May need to sell my jk soon. Is there anyone else in my shoes and don't know what todo. Any advice. Besides get another job lol
Thx
Old 07-08-2012, 07:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jeeps are expensive especially when you start modding them, you should have been warned before you bought lol. They're kinda like boats, great idea at the time, have loads of fun with them but eventually it may catch up to you. Do what you can to save a little gas and go easy when wheeling.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like you have most of what you need already..i would just replace the parts you break with better quality aftermarket ones when they fail next time,this should save you more money in the long run...i hope every thing works out for you and you can continue doing what you enjoy
Old 07-08-2012, 12:03 PM
JK Freak

I have a list of things that need repair so that when I get my pay I'll start.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:47 PM
JK Freak

It wouldn't be so bad if you either had tons of cash to keeping putting into the jeep or if parts for the jk where considerably cheaper. Now none of us got a jeep because we thought it would be cheap. But more or less the ride. But the fact is if you mod it stock isn't very good. I have made the decision to repair the stuff wrong with my jk and sell it. I will probably pick up a tj or yj.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

I would sell it but the price that I have to pay to get all repairs done to make it safe an sellable wouldn't be that much less then I could get for the truck.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:47 AM
JK Freak

without any repairs (airbag, check engine light *stupid evap system*, and some trail pinstripping) they offered me 14k for my 08. I am gonna put about 250 into the repairs for the air bag and paint and hopefully I can hoping to get around 16 to 17 at a dealership. Well atleast that is what they quoted me if that was repaired.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:58 AM
JK Freak

Jeeping is just a way of life... it kind of takes over.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

I want to keep living it but it's expensive. I leave for the citadel in aug so the jeep will get some down time. It's a dangerous ride to sell tho. Bad death wobble and can't find the prob. And it won't sell
Old 07-09-2012, 01:46 PM
JK Freak

There's an active Jeep community in Charleston that can probably help you find and fix that wobble if you get it down here.

Quick Reply: Way to expensive