Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wave

Old 04-21-2009, 09:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am tired of all the 4 door bashing that comes when "the Wave" is brought up. There are a lot of JKU's on this forum and according to some of you we don't wave. Well I wave to every Jeep I see and today I saw a heavily modded TJ, I waved and he shunned me, so it's not the JKU or the Jk or an X or a Rubicon it's the driver.

I will admit, thanks to the 4 door, there are more non traditional Jeepers on the road, but in reality you should be thanking the soccer moms and yuppies for keeping the Jeep alive. If it wasn't for them the market would be hurting even more than it is. That is yet another reason to wave to them.

People who don't know about the wave need to be taught. I have personally taught 3 JK's in my neighborhood about the wave just by constantly waving to them. Now they wave to me.

I didn't know about the Jeep wave until a year after I bought my TJ. I was on a trip in Northern Ca and all these Jeeps waved to me until I figured it out. Part of any tradition is to pass it along to the next generation, so quit whining and start waving.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sully151
I am tired of all the 4 door bashing that comes when "the Wave" is brought up. There are a lot of JKU's on this forum and according to some of you we don't wave. Well I wave to every Jeep I see and today I saw a heavily modded TJ, I waved and he shunned me, so it's not the JKU or the Jk or an X or a Rubicon it's the driver.

I will admit, thanks to the 4 door, there are more non traditional Jeepers on the road, but in reality you should be thanking the soccer moms and yuppies for keeping the Jeep alive. If it wasn't for them the market would be hurting even more than it is. That is yet another reason to wave to them.

People who don't know about the wave need to be taught. I have personally taught 3 JK's in my neighborhood about the wave just by constantly waving to them. Now they wave to me.

I didn't know about the Jeep wave until a year after I bought my TJ. I was on a trip in Northern Ca and all these Jeeps waved to me until I figured it out. Part of any tradition is to pass it along to the next generation, so quit whining and start waving.
i agree. keep the wave strong. it would be sad for the jeep wave to die off. i say we are patient with the jku drivers they will get it eventually (just kidding) i mean new jeep owners
Old 04-22-2009, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've noticed as the weather warms up in the north east you get more waves. I think people are grumpy in the winter months.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:54 AM
JK Freak

I wave at EVERY Jeep I pass (as long as I'm paying attention ), not at the the driver, THE JEEP.

If they don't wave back, maybe they aint paying attention, maybe they don't know about it, but I'll keep wavin anyway.

Hell I'll wave at any obvious off-roader, (lights, winch, hi-lift, etc) whether he's drivin a Jeep or a Chevy, and I guarantee I get a wave back 90% of the time.

For those of you that are getting discouraged, shut up and wave!
Old 04-22-2009, 12:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we all went through this in late 96 - 98 with the TJ... fancy dash and round lights... ew, YJs rule.... it will evole with the JK.... keep wavin
Old 04-22-2009, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I regards to the wave, I don't notice if cars wave at me and sorry if some of them are jeep owers (driving those cars). I guess I notice if a jeep waves or doesn't. But then again, for some odd reason, I have noticed waves. Ok! I think I'm confusing myself here. My point: If you drive a jeep, don't be a %$#@ !!! Just wave at other jeeps no matter if your jeep is 10 feet taller than mine or mine is 4 inches taller than yours!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 05:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by phil0352
Ok, I know this has been posted before but I need to get it off my chest. What is going on with the lack of a wave from people?? I mean how hard is it to raise your hand to fellow jeepers? I've been seeing more and more of it lately. Oh well just wanted to complain. Thanks.
I'm getting about an 80% return on my waves.

But face facts. It's hard to return a wave when you are on your cell phone, drinking coffee, working on your laptop, eating a breakfast sandwitch, and yelling at your kids, while driving to the soccar field
Old 04-22-2009, 07:16 PM
JK Freak

I always wave.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by berg
But face facts. It's hard to return a wave when you are on your cell phone, drinking coffee, working on your laptop, eating a breakfast sandwitch, and yelling at your kids, while driving to the soccar field

The scary thing I think I've seen people do all the above while driving their jeeps. Maybe we should put the blame on the dealers...hell they should tell the people what they are getting into when they buy a jeep for the first time.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

Default New jeep owner had no Idea

I second that. I grew up in the country waving at every one. Moved to an area with lots of cities around and no one ever waved back, so I stopped. I just bought my first jeep a couple months ago, Sahara unlimited. As of right now it is bone stock and I let the wife drive it. I had no idea about the jeep wave until my wife called me and told me she had jeeps waving at her all day. So I told her to wave back, which she was already doing. But a little heads up from the dealership would have been nice, especially for those that look so confused.

Quick Reply: Wave