Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wave

Old 04-21-2009, 07:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a kid (21). I do wave to Jeepers. Most of the time the modified Jeepers wave back no matter what year they own. However, there are many other kids or new consumers that just stare.

One thing I have started to do is wave to a bunch of girls in cars or an SUV. You'd be surprised how many wave back with a smile
Old 04-21-2009, 07:09 PM
JK Super Freak

imo i believe it is becoming more of a 4 wheeler wave then a jeep wave

here is who i wave at:
All rubicons
any modified jeeps
other rigs modded for rock crawling

who i dont wave at (unless waved at first):
bone stock jeeps
lifted full size trucks
any thing lifted for pretty
Old 04-21-2009, 07:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RN M OVR
I'm a kid (21). I do wave to Jeepers. Most of the time the modified Jeepers wave back no matter what year they own. However, there are many other kids or new consumers that just stare.

One thing I have started to do is wave to a bunch of girls in cars or an SUV. You'd be surprised how many wave back with a smile

I agree with all of that.

That being said, I haven't gotten one single wave in my new JK. I've owned it for 5 days now. Come on people!
Old 04-21-2009, 07:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by enigmaverse
I found this group to be the most offensive... especially in the NY/ NJ area. Most of the rubicons are owned by yuppies that never wheel them. If its bone stock, its still bone stock, regardess of x, sahara or rubi. The % of rubi owners that wheel is probably the same as the % of any other model, just a matter of what you can afford.

Rubi /= Jeeper, just means you have more cash in your pocket.

You dont buy a Jeep, you build it.

Its always been a wheeler wave, the only difference is people found that if they modified other vehicles enough, they could hope to keep up with the Jeeps.
not in colorado

i do agree jeeps are built but from my experience the groups i have listed are the groups who wave back
Old 04-21-2009, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Supersingly enough, I get waves and people flashing their lights at me who drive other type vehicles and people who drive trailers. I am on the road all day and I had 2 truck drivers, a guy in a ford ranger and 4 trucks (f-150, dodge rams) wave. I saw several jeeps and none waved at me. What a shame!!! Mostly kids in jeeps that don't wave and/or think they're the ____. My friends and family members who ride with me sometimes say for me to stop waving for lack of waves returned.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

oops!! I meant: surprisingly
Old 04-21-2009, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

The JKU has brought in a whole new group of faux jeepers... EX: Soccer moms in bare stock 4 door Saharas haha Also I think the 'his Jeep is better than mine so I'm gonna be a dick and not wave' thing kinda plays a part in it too, esp. for kids. I'm 18 and I wave at any MB, CJ, YJ, TJ, or JK that I see. The older ones usually always return the wave, no matter how stock they are. Kids in TJs sometimes dont wave back and many JKers just look confused. The added creature comforts of the Jk are nice but are definitely bittersweet. These changes took the Wrangler out of its niche market and put it in a bigger one, thus diluting the tightly knit web of Wrangler owners and Jeep enthusiasts.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mr.ZAP
The JKU has brought in a whole new group of faux jeepers... EX: Soccer moms in bare stock 4 door Saharas haha Also I think the 'his Jeep is better than mine so I'm gonna be a dick and not wave' thing kinda plays a part in it too, esp. for kids. I'm 18 and I wave at any MB, CJ, YJ, TJ, or JK that I see. The older ones usually always return the wave, no matter how stock they are. Kids in TJs sometimes dont wave back and many JKers just look confused. The added creature comforts of the Jk are nice but are definitely bittersweet. These changes took the Wrangler out of its niche market and put it in a bigger one, thus diluting the tightly knit web of Wrangler owners and Jeep enthusiasts.
disagree, the creature comforts make the JK SO much better for daily driving IMO. Do you how big a pain in the ass it was to unzip the damn window in the drive thru in the rain? Well let me tell you, it was a bitch. Give me power windows locks ect any day! I love mine.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002
disagree, the creature comforts make the JK SO much better for daily driving IMO. Do you how big a pain in the ass it was to unzip the damn window in the drive thru in the rain? Well let me tell you, it was a bitch. Give me power windows locks ect any day! I love mine.
I wasn't at all trying to say that the creature comforts didn't make the JK better, I said it was bittersweet. They make the JK soooo much more user friendly than past Wranglers, BUT... They bring in a new group of customers, ones that wanted a Wrangler because they thought it was 'cute' lol
Old 04-21-2009, 08:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racinfast002

I agree with racinfast002. I was talking to a TJ owner yesterday and he said how sweet the JK's are and that they have so much room in the back (compare to older jeeps).

Quick Reply: Wave