Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Waterproof inside....electronics

Old 01-29-2016, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waterproof inside....electronics

Hey everyone. I'm getting ready for summer. I've already removed all plugs, waterproof seat covers. The only thing I am concerned with is the dash, radio, and electronics.

I've found a waterproof dash cover at covermydash.net It seems easy. Does anyone have one or tried it? Does anyone have any other covers?

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The JK's dash isn't anymore waterproof then a standard vehicle. That said that cover looks like it would get annoying to put on repeatably. Plus you put all that work into taking that thing on/off and then you sit in a puddle.

Why not just toss a $20 tarp over the top and now your dash and your ass is dry. Plus you save $80 over a glorified dash size tarp

Edit: watched the video of that dash tarp gimmick. That looks like something that would work on a nice sunny downpour. Out here the rain generally comes in at an angle and is holding hands with mr.wind that blows the rain through every orifice that you have. That one little bungee holding the side of that thing isn't going to prevent all the water from blowing right into the dash area.

Last edited by Vladimer; 01-29-2016 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Lol. That is the lamest thing I have ever seen. 100x worse than the windshield cover for snow that was sold on HSN. That thing was only $20, this guy wants $100 lmao.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Considering this post was copy/pasted on various other Jeep forums and also as the first post on each forum, I'm thinking this was just a shody attempt at advertising this overpriced garbage bag
Old 01-30-2016, 02:55 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by cmseigfreid
... I've already removed all plugs ...
If you ever ford a river, you might wish you had them plugs in.

00:39 if not forwarded automatically ...

https://youtu.be/aLkNU8d8w-c?t=39 As for a cover with no top, the Bestop Trail Cover is great. About two or three minutes to put it on and take it off. Complete protection for the inside.

Quick Reply: Waterproof inside....electronics