Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Water, it scares me now...

Old 12-23-2009, 08:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wal0vitch
after my lift Im going with a snorkel.. Any thoughts on the AEV?
I have the AEV and love it Best thing is you have the option to run either a prefilter on top for dusty trails or the ram air. And you can turn the ram air around so there is almost zero chance of possibly splashing water high up into the intake.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:55 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wal0vitch
We took some water into the intake and the engine staled. after like 2min I tried starting it agen and I pulled it out of the water. Then we pulled the intake out and dried it. Had water past the filter and it was soaked. Went to the auto parts store. got a new filter.. and is all good now.... It wasn't that deep the problem was with the speed. I think I just splashed water up into the air box...
FWIW, do not attempt to restart your engine if it stalls when you go through water. Typically this means you've hydrolocked the engine. You can remove the spark plugs and turn the engine over to pump out the water. (And of course dry out the filter, etc.) Water does not compress so you're going to break something if you start an engine with water in it. It sounds like you were lucky and the water didn't get all the way in there.

Quick Reply: Water, it scares me now...