Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Water haul

Old 11-16-2014, 07:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water haul

I enjoy the idea of carrying the red,blue, exc. gas/oil/ water cans they look great but what are some other modds fellow jeepers have come up with!! Seen the rear stock bumper with an Rv pump to it and nozzle on the side mounted. Great idea loved it! Something great for work (construction) and trails, was thinking on a bladder bag in the tailgate, idk, open to suggestions and inputs
Old 11-16-2014, 08:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure about adding that much weight on the tailgate unless you have a tire carrier or you run without a spare.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:36 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

I used to carry 7-1/2 gallon Aquatainers, but they do get heavy when full. I've switched to the 2-1/2 gallon Aquatainers, three of which fit perfectly in the Adventure Trailers JK interior rack ...

Also, I saw pictures a few weeks ago of a plastic bladder that goes on the floor between the front and rear seats--fills up that entire area up to seat bottom level. Tried to search for the link, but no joy. Asked a few FB friends (where I saw it mentioned) and maybe one of them can guide me to it. If so, I'll post up (unless someone else's search skills prove better before then, LOL).
Old 11-17-2014, 04:06 AM
JK Newbie

Front runners I believe they are called I like your setup though that's exactly what I'm lookin to do ill see what I come up with
Old 11-17-2014, 04:17 AM
JK Newbie

http://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com...l#.VGnx_2S9Kc1
Old 11-17-2014, 04:32 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Yep, that's it.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:14 PM
JK Freak

I'm a backpacker so I always carry a filter with me so it is pretty hard to run out of water.

I like the Katadyn basic. Pro is not worth the money
water filter

For car camping I hate the soft sided/collapsible ones because they always seem to roll around and leak. Plus since they are not rigid you can't stack anything on them. I like this reliance one I got at REI. It's 7gallons but you don't have to fill it all the way up. The spout stores inside the container which requires cleaning before you put it into transport mode, but not too big of a deal.
hard container

Quick Reply: Water haul