Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Washin' Your Jeep

Old 05-22-2011, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by freakybutkewl
I want to keep my JK as good as I can. So I was wondering. What do you use to wash your jeep? Wax, soap, protectants, everything.

freak out
| | |
| | | | | |
| | | | | | |
| | | |
| | | |

(Rain)
Old 05-22-2011, 08:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by .45Hardboil
| | |
| | | | | |
| | | | | | |
| | | |
| | | |

(Rain)
X2 on the rain
Old 05-22-2011, 10:35 AM
JK Newbie

X3 on the rain. I am washing it right now as I type this. I might go out and scrape some of the bug guts off the wind sheild while its still wet and the guts are soft again.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do not use dish soap on your paint unless you don't care
Go to AutoZone or Wallmart and pick up some car shampoo at the least.

For best results, use Zaino
Old 05-22-2011, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

first off, have a good reason to wash it, go and get filthy, then use the local gas station pressure gun to clean up the undercarriage, go home, make a cold drink and crank your tunes, armorall car wash with hand mit, chamois dry, microfibre dash and inside windows(dry), black diamond plastic protectant-done

havnt found anything great for the soft top yet.....
Old 05-22-2011, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

the good brand dish soap is the least harshest soap you can possibly use.
Waxes get removed after couple washes anyway. Im going to use the human body as an example of all this
Its same principle as when we wash the human body and it removes our natural oils, doesn't matter if you use Dove soap which introduces those artificial oils (moisturizers) to protect your skin aka automobile soap.
Then you got Irish Springs aka dish soap which does a great job with the cleaning but doesn't have as much moisturizers as the dove so It removes all the oils but leaves no protection. But dawn and palmolive actually contain small amounts of moisturizers.
Honestly it will cause no harm whats so ever! doesn't matter what soap you will use it will still remove the wax, some sooner then others. Even after a few rain falls as it contains little amounts of acids.

Shouldn't even be a concern for jeep owners. Its almost as pointless as waxing a minivan

My dad used to collect old muscle cars and him and other owners I would see them use Palmolive on their cars. Half of the times I washed my Jeep Iv used it also with never any problems. When I used to have a Olive Drab Jeep YJ I must say Palmolive worked freaking amazing.

I guess do what you feel more comfortable but don't feel bad if you run out of automobile soap and you have to run in and grab moms Palmolive

Last edited by SpoonJK; 05-22-2011 at 04:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Washin' Your Jeep