Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Washin' Your Jeep

Old 05-21-2011, 05:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHats the best way to clean the underside of the soft top? The previous owner must have stored it with his used oil.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I use clothes soap lol
Old 05-21-2011, 05:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frenchlayer
for you guys using dish soap, do you know that you are actually removing any wax that you have or had on the jeep?
I use the Zaino line of stuff, it makes the dirt come right off for the next wash
Ya dish soap is a no no. The only time I use it is before I clay bar. I have used zaino for years on my vehicles and it is great stuff. On our last wheeling trip everyone couldnt believe how my paint wasn't caked with mud. Throw some mud on mine and it just slid right off .It provides great protection and is worth the extra dollars imo
Old 05-21-2011, 06:02 AM
JK Freak

Duragloss car wash soap, dry with waffle weave microfiber towel, megs claybar (if needed), Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 via megs g100 polisher, Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 via g100, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 via polisher, Poorboys Nattys Blue by hand. 303 on plastics, invisible glass on glass, megs interior detailer on interior. Between full details, top with Duragloss AquaWax spray sealant.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

Wax the shocks. It keeps them from anodizing. So, when u get ready to sell them they still look nice Oh and wash the windows. Don't worry about the rest. Youre going to get it dirty anyway. Unless, youre a mall crawler
Old 05-21-2011, 06:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kuffaar
I wash mine with dawn soap and water. I did put some wax on her the other day to protect some of the deep scratches that i put on her from last weekend.

If you wheel it in mud shove the hose in your bump stops to clean it out. the dirt likes to pack in them nice and tight.
Using normal dish soap will actually strip off any wax on the car. Using a car wash specific soap is much better for the long run. If you use your jeep like you should, having wax will keep the paint in 1 piece much longer
Old 05-21-2011, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Go through the car wash at the costco a few times. Fun to go there after playing in the mud
Old 05-21-2011, 04:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
no infections from dirt , and cleans good ! my secret is lemon pledge ! on everthing! its a great detailer goes a long way ! takes bugs right off anything
good on plastic windows and coats it but no wax residue , just make sure you use differnt soft cloth to wipe off than putting it on ! every one always asks how i keep vehicles so new lookin for years ! ( lemon pledge ) truckers have used it for years ! 3.97 a can and lasts a month or two !
do you just spray it on the surface then wipe or do you apply it to an applicator firstÉ i almost sprayed it on my line-x yesterday to bring back the color but was afraid it might leave a white residue. i was thinking about using it on the fender flares and interior as well...what do you recommend
Old 05-21-2011, 04:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Megulairs Gold Class wash
Klasse All in One-acrylic paint cleaner
Klasse Sealant Glaze-acrylic sealant
P21s carnauba wax
Aerospace 303 on fenders and bumpers

Last edited by drumnatural; 05-21-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wash mine with mcguire soap and then use Lucas spray-on speed wax. Spray on, wipe off. Really good stuff.

Quick Reply: Washin' Your Jeep