Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Washin' Your Jeep

Old 04-27-2010, 05:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as far as products go... I am a fan of the cheapest shit out there that gets the gooey sap, pollen, bugs, off it... it gets waxed twice a year (before summer and winter)... with turtle wax. I wash about once a month (give or take a month or two)

see i can wear the "I actually use my jeep" badge either clean or dirty... when I ride the mud stays on for about a week or so or until I get around to cleaning it. When its clean, you can see all the deep woodland scratches, dings, and marks.

so either way, clean or dirty.... you can tell mine is used for what it was made for
Old 04-27-2010, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just washed mine this morning and I really noticed that the 33K miles and trail pinstripes are really starting to show. I'm gonna wax it a little later when it warms up, but the paint definately needs some TLC to get even close to that "showroom new" finish. I also use Back to Black on the fenders with good results.

Now the interior....why the heck did Jeep have to use plastic that holds mud/dirt? That stuff is the worst interior plastic I've ever had to clean. It would be fine on a road only vehicle, but my Jeep gets a fair amount of dirt and grime inside and I curse the plastic everytime I try to clean.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:50 AM
JK Freak

Duragloss Carwash, Klasse All in One, Klasse High Glaze Sealant, I use turtle wax ice spray detailer on the trim and I used to use Armor All extreme tire shine on the tires, gotta find something that will apply easily to the Duratracs now tho. I usually apply the All in One with a PC 7424XP and the Sealant by hand, the stuff does a really nice job and one application can last about 6 months, I usually re-apply every 3 or 4 months.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Washed my this last weekend and used Ice synthetic wax for the first time.Wow its almost to shiny had to do my wife can after she saw it.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Simple self-service car wash. Spray, rinse, chamois wipe down. Looks like brand new......nice.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Pressure washers are sooo nice to have when you get a heavy build up of mud on the undercarriage.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ronson
Washed my this last weekend and used Ice synthetic wax for the first time.Wow its almost to shiny had to do my wife can after she saw it.
You had to do your wife's WHAT???
Old 04-29-2010, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

What's this "washing" you guys are referring to? My dirt and mud are all aftermarket parts. It increases resale value, right???
Old 04-29-2010, 12:37 PM
JK Freak

Water, Soap, Armoral paint sealant/wax, Armoral tire shine, and after about 2 hours of detailing I usually hit the trails the next day. It's an endless process but I love getting my perfectly clean and shiny jeep dirty all over again.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regular hose and nozzle and rinse off mud and dust and get myself a Bucket of warm water with Turtle Wax car wash, Mitt wash the entire Jeep, Clean all the plastics & top with 303 protectant, Spray 303 fabric guard on carpet, roll bar padding & seat covers, if the tires need a good cleaning I spray VIM tub and tile and get my wire brush out and scrub and rinse.

Quick Reply: Washin' Your Jeep