Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Warranty void

Old 05-22-2011, 06:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe Wayolife has a LONG thread on this topic.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:02 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ludski

of the 3 dealerships i had spoken to, they said, they ASSURED me, as long as THEY install the lift. it wont void the warranty. this doesnt mean they wont blame something on the lift. but it means they wont VOID it.
Ask THEY to put it in writing. THEY may cover what THEY install, but THEY are not Chrysler. What happens when you take your Jeep to a different dealer? Or your dealer gets a new owner? The dealer and Chrysler are not one and the same...your warranty is from Chrysler, Chrysler decides what does or does not void the warranty.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SBEII
I believe Wayolife has a LONG thread on this topic.
Your right and here is a link to it:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...Lift-Your-Jeep
Old 05-22-2011, 04:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post From the Horses Mouth

Originally Posted by Sharkey
Ask THEY to put it in writing. THEY may cover what THEY install, but THEY are not Chrysler. What happens when you take your Jeep to a different dealer? Or your dealer gets a new owner? The dealer and Chrysler are not one and the same...your warranty is from Chrysler, Chrysler decides what does or does not void the warranty.
The following is direct from a 2010 JK Warranty Booklet, containing Chrysler Group LLC limited Warranties. See page 14, "What's Not Covered" Please read this (too long to add here) The main interest item is the "except for genuine Chrysler/Mopar ACCESSORIES installed by an authorized Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep dealer.." It tells me that the above ACCESSORIES Do Not Void the warranty, and Are Covered...It distinguishes between "Performance and Racing Parts" - they are "considered to be non- Chrysler parts " How ever, Genuine Accessories are OK. Anything that says "PERFORMANCE" part, Mopar or other, is weasled out of by dick-headed double talk. Mopar Custom Lift Kits are called "Performance Parts". Therefore, PERFORMANCE PARTS are not covered. The Right Hand Gives , the Left Takes Away. And we need more Lawyers?

Quick Reply: Warranty void