Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Warranty opinions

Old 09-13-2009, 05:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty opinions

Hello,

Newbe just doing research. Hope to pick up 2008-2010 in a couple of months. It seems that the engine and drivetrain lifetime warranty (for original purchaser) is a great deal. Have any of you guys and girls had any experience with this. I own a small machine shop and it really seems like a good selling point, if Jeep backs it. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Tks, Ed
Old 09-13-2009, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Some dealers are good and fix warranty item with no issues. More often dealers fight and say you caused the fault or you mod caused the fault. If you have a good dealership, it great.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:11 AM
JK Junkie

If you want the lifetime warranty you probally need to act very soon. It does not cover the 2010's so you best bet is to find a 2009 somewhere.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Like Kupost said, Lifetime powertrain is being replaced with 5yr/100k miles for powertrain.

If the lifetime powertrain is a key selling point for you start scrounging for an '09.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

Default warranty issues

One other thing to remember. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but, used 09's, Chrysler will not transfer liftime warranty. Only the remaining 3 year, 36 thousand mile warranty will transfer. So...,it's either new 09 liftime or 2010 limited. Or, you can save several thousand by finding a used 08 or 09 with remaing warranty.

I have used the warranty very little. Two leaks in front and rear diffs. I had the softop front rail issue but that was also covered by warranty. Picked that fix up on this site.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Find a dealer who understands what jeeps are and what they are built for!!
Ask questions as to how they feel about warranties and mods!!!
You will have to find a new '09 if you want the lifetime warranty,,, 2010's don't have it...
My dealer is way cool, I have an '08 and the couple times I had to use the warranty, they covered it,, (the first time I used it to replace a rear axle I broke while wheeling) my dealer said as long as it is a factory part, they will cover it, no matter how I mod it!!
But there are alot of guys on here who have had trouble with their dealers not wanting to cover much more common things,, so make sure you choose a dealer wisely!!!

Quick Reply: Warranty opinions