Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Warranty Inquiry

Old 12-13-2007, 05:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warranty Inquiry

I just installed Rubicon wheels/tires on my 08 Sahara..

My GF's father works at a jeep dealership (but is mostly a dodge tech)
he told me that the "jeep guys" there would use that as an excuse not to warranty stuff...

do you think hes right? or do you think hes trying to scare me into reinstalling the Sahara wheels because I know he HATES Rubicon tires??????

I feel like calling Chrysler Customer Care and asking them
Old 12-13-2007, 05:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only if they could prove the wheels and tires caused the problem.. Not likely with OEM Jeep wheels and tires.. Don't worry about it..
Old 12-13-2007, 05:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by racer83l
I just installed Rubicon wheels/tires on my 08 Sahara..

My GF's father works at a jeep dealership (but is mostly a dodge tech)
he told me that the "jeep guys" there would use that as an excuse not to warranty stuff...

do you think hes right? or do you think hes trying to scare me into reinstalling the Sahara wheels because I know he HATES Rubicon tires??????

I feel like calling Chrysler Customer Care and asking them
Nope. Not Right, Especially if it's just wheels and tires. There's an lawsuit act out there (I forget the name) that basically says if the dealership can't find proof that a modification causes a fault, they can't deny warranty service.

So, if your radio dies, they can't blame your tires. If your engine dies, they will have one heck of a time trying to point at the wheels and tires. Especially since they're from Mopar....

Last edited by wayland1985; 12-13-2007 at 05:41 AM. Reason: 1 Bad JK beat me to it!
Old 12-13-2007, 06:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well I called Chrysler....

The woman I spoke to "Sherri" Told me Rubicon wheels/tires will not void the warranty in any way. She said that they are a MOPAR part that you can order from any dealership and as long as you keep the tire size the same as specified, they are fine to use.

And she also said that if purchased new, they carry the same warranty as any MOPAR part, but if purchased used there is no warranty on the wheels or tires themselves.

I asked her to send me a letter saying that Rubicon wheels are allowed to be used on my Sahara and it would not void any warranty that I could flash to a dealer if they give me lip, she said she would.. So Ill see what happens.

But hey, anything to make sure my factory lifetime warranty stays in tact, cause this JK is going to see a LOT of miles (probably 30K annually)

Quick Reply: Warranty Inquiry