Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Warning on used Superchips

Old 02-16-2010, 04:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really intrested in that superchips has to say about this. Being a potential buyer I want to know if I purchase one if it will be supported by the company if I have an issue or laughed at and charged $$
Old 02-16-2010, 05:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I got somewhat lucky with mine in that regard. I bought it 2nd hand but it paired up fine with my JK. Of course it is currently being used as a F'ing paper weight because of the ON/OFF throttle sensitivity issue at low RPM/speeds. They are supposedly "working on it", but so far I have been less than impressed. When my JK was tuned it was damn near undrivable at any speed under 25 mph. Trying to drive slowly through this last big snow storm in 4wd was almost impossible.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:37 AM
JK Junkie

I'm still waiting for the 'shutter'/'stumble' fix to come out. Any other manuals have that issue? Shift into higher gears and slow speeds, upon getting back into the throttle the driveline shakes like its misfiring for a second.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is there an internal battery you can remove to clear everything out and reset it? Much like in a computer, you have the main power and then a battery on the motherboard to keep the BIOS settings and time when the computer in plugged.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:31 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jedi Knight
Is there an internal battery you can remove to clear everything out and reset it? Much like in a computer, you have the main power and then a battery on the motherboard to keep the BIOS settings and time when the computer in plugged.
Doubt it-VIN is probably written to flash. We're not going to discuss hacking anyway, so that can stop right now.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:27 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by OoPEZoO
I guess I got somewhat lucky with mine in that regard. I bought it 2nd hand but it paired up fine with my JK. Of course it is currently being used as a F'ing paper weight because of the ON/OFF throttle sensitivity issue at low RPM/speeds. They are supposedly "working on it", but so far I have been less than impressed. When my JK was tuned it was damn near undrivable at any speed under 25 mph. Trying to drive slowly through this last big snow storm in 4wd was almost impossible.
I am finding the same issues with my 6 speed....VERY Sensitive Throttle at low speeds....almost neck thrashing.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:44 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Superchips Representative

Sorry to hear about the issue being stated. I believe I know why this is happening.

In regards to setting your vehicle back to “stock” if you select “return to stock” your vehicle will go back to stock settings. The only exception to this is if you have downloaded the “TMPS” feature and signed the waiver you will need to disable this option before the vehicle will set back to stock. The programmer will display this if plugged into another vehicle and the TPMS is not disabled. The programmer will not work on another vehicle until you have disabled the “TPMS” option. Due to this being a download able feature that requires legal documents to be electronically signed we can not allow this option to stay in the tuner and transferred to another vehicle until it is disabled.

Those having issues with this feel free PM me directly and I will see what I can do to help resolve the issue for you.

Scott
Old 02-16-2010, 08:21 AM
JK Junkie

hi scott, i do not have the TPMS disabled on mine, the pressure is altered. That relate? What about the tire size?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

pm sent......
Old 02-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Superchips Representative

No, you shouldn't have an issue returning to stock with a tire size adjustment through the programmer because it works in conjunction with the initial programming of the vehicle where as the TPMS off road option is a stand alone feature that is added to the vehicle after the initial tuning has been completed kind of like stacking two separate programs together.

Scott

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
hi scott, i do not have the TPMS disabled on mine, the pressure is altered. That relate? What about the tire size?

Quick Reply: Warning on used Superchips