Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wanting to trade my 07 4d 2wd in for a new 2d 4wd...

Old 05-17-2014, 11:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Wanting to trade my 07 4d 2wd in for a new 2d 4wd...

Well, I'm new to the forums, so here goes my question/comment.

So my wife and i spent some time on Saturday trying to find something we like, and everything was black or white, and the one dealer that had one we were sort of interested in played hard ball with my trade in. So I guess my question here is, if Kelly BB prices my Jeep at 16,900 as a trade in, should I not expect the dealer to at least come close to that? They tried to get me into an "Oscar Mike" for $362 a month x94 flippin months. Granted that was before running my credit, but no way would I spend that much. When the sticker on it showed $32k, I told them $15k for trade in on my 07 with only 72k miles. Not sure how they managed to throw a final price of $36k. Any suggestions on the best way to get what I want? I know I paid too much for my last Jeep, I don't want to get too excited again and just grab at whatever they are offering.

Thanks for any advice!
Old 05-18-2014, 01:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ask them to show you the breakdown. How much are they giving you for your trade in? How much is the out the door cost of the new Jeep? And what is the interest rate? Sounds like they want you to pay them to take your Jeep.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Value

Originally Posted by Woogey23
Well, I'm new to the forums, so here goes my question/comment.

So my wife and i spent some time on Saturday trying to find something we like, and everything was black or white, and the one dealer that had one we were sort of interested in played hard ball with my trade in. So I guess my question here is, if Kelly BB prices my Jeep at 16,900 as a trade in, should I not expect the dealer to at least come close to that? They tried to get me into an "Oscar Mike" for $362 a month x94 flippin months. Granted that was before running my credit, but no way would I spend that much. When the sticker on it showed $32k, I told them $15k for trade in on my 07 with only 72k miles. Not sure how they managed to throw a final price of $36k. Any suggestions on the best way to get what I want? I know I paid too much for my last Jeep, I don't want to get too excited again and just grab at whatever they are offering.

Thanks for any advice!
What value can you expect for a 2 WD JKU? It does not hold any value except to you. When you go to Web sites to find value,
keep in mind, they do not buy or sell cars. Dealers use Auction market conditions to come up with a value. A 2wd is worth approx. $1800-$2500
less than 4wd.

Quick Reply: Wanting to trade my 07 4d 2wd in for a new 2d 4wd...