Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Want to shoot my Jeep

Old 02-25-2011, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to shoot my Jeep

When i got my 2008 Jeep at 12,000 miles i have not had any issues up until recently with 17,000 miles on it. For 1 it burns a little over a quart per 1000 miles. The dealership did an oil consumption test, but when they did they overfilled it by 1/2 quart. When i took it back to them just under having 1000 miles on it , the dipstick showed 3/4 of a quart low at the normal location. So it used just over a quart in less than 1000 miles, but because they overfilled it and denied doing it they still said it falls under normal consumption.

Problem 2, the tank pukes gas when filling up. So they replace it and now it sounds like they left something in the tank because you can hear a clunk when going switching from forward to reverse or stopping. All the mounts are tight on the tank.

Problem 3, the transmission fluid is dark purple with black specks in it and smells burnt. The transmission has slipped once or twice since i bought it. Took to the dealership and they say that the fluid is normal.

Problem 4, The engine spit out a code for right bank lean followed with the flashing traction control and lightning bolt symbol. I told the dealership that i could hear a ticking noise coming from the right side like an exhaust leak. So they replace the PCV valve clear the code and give it back to me. I did not even make it 1/2 block before the code came back. I then took my Jeep back to the dealership for the same problem get it back 2 weeks later, drive about the same distance and get the same issue. So now i investigate the issue myself the tube that comes from the PCV valve has a missing bolt and the gasket has slipped out. Took me 10 minutes to find, so i wonder if they even looked at it.

Anyway, so now after not having my Jeep for over a month for the above issues, none of which are fixed, i am ready to kick the service managers head in because i have to take it back to them to fix their screwups. I realy want to take it to another dealership, but i am afraid this dealership will black flag it if i do so. Just wanted to vent, so thanks for listening

Last edited by Slightlymodified; 02-27-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:21 PM
JK Freak

well i dunno about the oil an the other problem, but theres a recall on the gas tank spitting back!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepDude90
well i dunno about the oil an the other problem, but theres a recall on the gas tank spitting back!
They already replaced the tank, i just got it back tonight, but it sounds like they left something in it.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:24 PM
JK Freak

2 words for you Gap Insurance.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EarlyJk
2 words for you Gap Insurance.
I think the words Lemmon Law apply better. My Jeep is still under warranty, but not for much longer. Getting close to the 3 yr mark, but not even half of the milage yet.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Slightlymodified

I think the words Lemmon Law apply better. My Jeep is still under warranty, but not for much longer. Getting close to the 3 yr mark, but not even half of the milage yet.
Better trump up the dealership visits an complain, complain, complain. Make them do another oil test only this time before you leave the dealer check the oil level in front of them.

Quick Reply: Want to shoot my Jeep