Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wal-Mart refused to install my tires

Old 12-19-2009, 03:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably saved some heartache. If the techs at Walmart are as good as Canadian tire, 8 trips later(on a hunter roadforce) last of which took nearly 3 hours. My stock wheels and 32" grabbers came out with 2-3" weights side by side on the out side of the wheel as well as the inside on every wheel and still wobbled. I broke down and took it to the dealer they were done in 30 min with 1/4 of the weights and rode smooth as glass.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:11 AM
JK Freak

Personnaly, i prefer pay 20$ more and don't loose a wheel on the first stop !!!
Old 12-19-2009, 05:42 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dmhines
So does that mean Wal-mart does not do tires on 2007+ Vehicles ??? Since all new vehicles have TPMS now ..
Not all jks have it.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:44 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Personnaly, i prefer pay 20$ more and don't loose a wheel on the first stop !!!
Dear Goldo

Thank you VERY MUCH for your comment...

I can't believe that you're in my Friends list

Last edited by Yoda; 12-19-2009 at 05:48 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JackMac4
Walmart is for the average consumer....
Not in my observations they aren't. Whether they aim for it or not, Joe Bauers is often the smartest person in the building. JasonTCFD nailed it with his peopleofwalmart pic. Walking through Wal-Mart at 3AM answers the age-old question: "Where do all the scary people you see at the county/state fair disappear to the rest of the year?"
Old 12-19-2009, 03:04 PM
JK Newbie

I think it is the person doing the work not the store. You may have better techs at the small shop in your individual town. The Wal-Mart where I live has very good techs and I have had nothing but good experiences with them. Also had some good ones at K- Mart years back. It is stupid to say you would not shop in a place because of the actions of an employee that does wrong. You can find incompetence anywhere in any country in the world. That being I train with a guy who is a tech at Wal-Mart who works there he says because they have good insurance cheap and he makes more money than he could anywhere else. I would have to defend the chain stores I have used in my life for these services as having good protocols and great prices. I haven't had any worse or better experiences in small stores. In addition I was in two Wal- Marts today that do TPMS they said all the big stores do. So let the lesson learned be that it is the individual tech not the size or name of the business.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:11 PM
JK Junkie

To clarify my earlier post...
Discount mounted and balanced my tires I bought there, but wouldn't install them on the vehicle.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:40 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Will35
I think it is the person doing the work not the store. You may have better techs at the small shop in your individual town. The Wal-Mart where I live has very good techs and I have had nothing but good experiences with them. Also had some good ones at K- Mart years back. It is stupid to say you would not shop in a place because of the actions of an employee that does wrong. You can find incompetence anywhere in any country in the world. That being I train with a guy who is a tech at Wal-Mart who works there he says because they have good insurance cheap and he makes more money than he could anywhere else. I would have to defend the chain stores I have used in my life for these services as having good protocols and great prices. I haven't had any worse or better experiences in small stores. In addition I was in two Wal- Marts today that do TPMS they said all the big stores do. So let the lesson learned be that it is the individual tech not the size or name of the business.
I understand what you are saying, and I agree.

But why Wal-Mart can't install tires with TPMS ??? We're almost in 2010 !
This is ridiculous because in Canada, all cars built in 2007 have TPMS (federal law)
Old 12-20-2009, 10:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK Freedom
Dear Goldo

Thank you VERY MUCH for your comment...

I can't believe that you're in my Friends list

It's happend to one of my friend at a canadian tire. So i only gives you a warning
they only put 1lug tighten only by hand on the front tire !!!
Old 12-21-2009, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just had my new Kumho Road Ventures installed on Sat. I got em online (couldn't get em around here in the size/rating I wanted).

I went to 4 shops before settling on Pep Boys. None would take appts for some god awful reason and of course they all were busy and had 3 hour or more waits.

While waiting (took 3+ hours to get done at Pep Boys for tire mount/balance and oil change) I watched them break one on some poor kid's Pathfinder. They actually told him that it was stuck and wouldn't come out I guess, so they had to break it to get it off. Then they wanted to charge him 200 bucks to replace the one sensor! It wasn't that old, an 06, so not sure why they could get 3 off and not the other... but $200 for one sensor? F that.

Quick Reply: Wal-Mart refused to install my tires