Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wal-Mart refused to install my tires

Old 12-16-2009, 02:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wal-Mart refused to install my tires

I had a appointment to Wal-Mart to install my tires. I waited 2 weeks for this appointment. I choose Wal-Mart because of the cheap price (58$ CAN instead of 80$ CAN)
I entered the Jeep in the garage. 15 minutes later the mechanic was talking to the salesman. He told me; "Sorry, your tires have TPMS, therefore we can't install your tires" The mechanics don't have the training for TPMS.
I'm pissed off because:
- Why the salesman did not asked me if I have TPMS 2 weeks ago on the phone?!?!
- I waited 2 weeks for nothing
- I can't understand how the biggest store in the world doesn't have the training to change TPMS in 2009

Last edited by Yoda; 12-17-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like it makes any differenece on those wheels. such bs! i deal with 35 serieson 20" wheels often on BMWs with tpms, no real issue. There is TONs of rubber on the JK wheels to work with, should be no problem to change those tires w/ or w/o tpms. that sucks!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had a set of 35" tires mounted on my rims for my Blazer, but Wal-Mart was not equipt to balance that big of a tire and wheel combo. I had to take my tires elsewhere to get them balanced. What a PITA.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eisenjj
They did you a favor!!!!!!!!!!!!
For sure!
Old 12-16-2009, 04:23 PM
JK Freak

I've stopped dealing with and buying anything from Wal-mart. They are exactly what is wrong with the current world:

They only sell edited music because God forbid "offensive" lyrics get out there

They refuse to prosecute for stealing things under $20 just because it costs them more than $20 to prosecute them (Who cares about morality, right? They only care about the bottom line...)

They stopped selling books from certain authors because the views of those people didn't agree with the current government administration (goodbye free speech)

Now just another reason, I guess either they refuse to hire competent mechanics OR God forbid they have the liability for ANYTHING...
Old 12-16-2009, 05:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tpm152
I've stopped dealing with and buying anything from Wal-mart. They are exactly what is wrong with the current world:

They only sell edited music because God forbid "offensive" lyrics get out there

They refuse to prosecute for stealing things under $20 just because it costs them more than $20 to prosecute them (Who cares about morality, right? They only care about the bottom line...)

They stopped selling books from certain authors because the views of those people didn't agree with the current government administration (goodbye free speech)

Now just another reason, I guess either they refuse to hire competent mechanics OR God forbid they have the liability for ANYTHING...
Hmm I pretty much disagree with everything you've said.

You mention free speech... That's exactly why they can choose what to sell and what not to. They are a private corporation and have the right to run it how they choose and reflect any values they choose, just like you or I.
I agree in that I don't like that they do that, but I have no ill feelings because of it.

Ok enough politics, back to bitchin' about tires!
I had to pay extra at Schwab's when having tires put on my wife's car because they had to use the "other" tire machine that will handle wheels 17 inches and up. WTF??? Same labor, why more money?

Last edited by horwitzs; 12-16-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

got mine done at discount tire for like $60.00
Old 12-16-2009, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

walmart automotive dept...sucks
Old 12-16-2009, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had mine done at the local tire store for $40.00..

Wal Mart would be the last place I got my tires mounted and balanced at..Walmart is a great place to shop but I won't let them touch my Jeep. Same goes for these Oil and Lube places.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:37 PM
JK Junkie

Friends don't let friends shop at Walmart.

htt p://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Quick Reply: Wal-Mart refused to install my tires