Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

volant snorkel

Old 06-08-2011, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default volant snorkel

Has anyone installed a volant snorkel on there jk. If so how do you like it, whats the benifit or draw backs. How well does it peform and was the intall process dificult
Old 06-08-2011, 04:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep an eye out in the write-up section. Mine is being delivered tomorrow and I'm going to take a bunch of pics and try to do an install write-up. There's only a couple guys on here that are running it. Most tend to think it looks ugly. I really like it. I was set on keeping a CAI, and this is the only snokel that I know of that incorporates one. I'll post back on here after I install it. Maybe as early as this weekend.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I got it installed today. Write-up is coming. I don't even have a picture of the finished product yet. By the time I got done installing and taking it out for a test drive, it was after dark. I do have a couple initial impressions though. After first opening the box, I had quite a few worries about the mfg quality. It just didn't seem very well built. I'll explain more in the write-up. After installation, it wasn't quite as questionable as I originally thought, but still had some minor fitment issues. Performance-wise I don't have any complaints. It doesn't have quite the growl that my Airaid had, but it also doesn't have the whistle either. It also seems to perform better once the jeep is up to speed. Just a little more jump. Overall I'm satisfied. Looks are better than I expected, as is the performance. Stay tuned for the write-up. It might take a few days. I have LCA's to install tomorrow, then wheeling on Sunday.

Quick Reply: volant snorkel