Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

To visit the Body shop tuesday

Old 12-13-2006, 01:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To visit the Body shop tuesday

I finally got around to taking my jeep to the dealer about the missing paint. They didn't beleave me on the phone, so i drove it in to show the sales manager. He said we will take it to the body shop next tuesday to get sugestions from their manager on an easy fix.

I have a couple of questions

1. has anyone else taken their jeep in to the dealer on this subject yet?

2. If so what did they do?

3. Is there any jeeps out their yet with no paint missing, quality photos showing without a doubt (dark colors) that i can take in to show them this is a problem that was fixed. They already kind of said well if they are all like that then it is not a problem. They had 8 JK's there all missing paint. They didn't even notice untill i pointed it out.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2006, 01:24 PM
JK Freak

I have a black JK missing no paint. What do you want pics of? Door hinges? Hood hinges?
Old 12-13-2006, 01:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ericdewayne
I have a black JK missing no paint. What do you want pics of? Door hinges? Hood hinges?
Behind the door hinges, close up. Like these. But something i can show them with out a doubt. Thanks!!!!

Old 12-13-2006, 01:38 PM
JK Freak

The doors have dirt on em so you cant really tell with the pics i just took, sorry. I guess i could lift em up to my sink and wash em real quick? I dont have anything at all to clean em off cause i just moved into my apartment. All i have is an air mattress, 2 folding chairs, and the doors and windows to my jk in here right now. Sorry I couldnt help more.

Last edited by ericdewayne; 12-13-2006 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

That's ok, I'm not in a rush. I would just like a couple to take tuesday. That way i can show them the newest jk's are not like that. That will show them it is a factory defect that was corrected.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:53 PM
JK Freak

I live on the 2nd story in an apartment building, and when i was bringing my doors in i accidently hit the edge of my door on the brick wall of the staircase. DOOOPPP!! Think the dealership would fix that for free? it left a niiiiiice scratch lol
Old 12-13-2006, 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

been there, done that with my TJ doors. I even dropped one. Who needs doors anyways
Old 12-13-2006, 02:04 PM
JK Freak

oh yeah, and i had a buddy help me take em off 2 days after I got it. he decided he would set it down on the rocky asphalt for a second so he could get a better grip. Grrrr!!! haha i cant believe you dropped a door. that would suuuck. did you drop it on cement or asphalt??
Old 12-14-2006, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ericdewayne
oh yeah, and i had a buddy help me take em off 2 days after I got it. he decided he would set it down on the rocky asphalt for a second so he could get a better grip. Grrrr!!! haha i cant believe you dropped a door. that would suuuck. did you drop it on cement or asphalt??

I dropped one in the yard. I had to work at it for 3 minutes to get it off, first time after winter. And when I did finally work it off I didn't have any strengh left, and it fell on it's side.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:09 AM
JK Newbie

UPDATE

Well, I went down to the dealer Friday because I was off work. I showed my salesman the missing paint. So we took a walk around to check the other JKs. They have 12 in stock, 4 two doors they just got in. All but one had noticeable paint missing. There was one red 2dr x they just go in that only had a little paint missing on the bottom hinges. So we went back to talk to the guy in charge of their collision repair shop. He was a cool guy, who owns twp wranglers himself. I talked to him for about 20 minutes. He said those primmer spots are no concern for rust at all. With the bodies being dipped in e-coat, then primmred twice, he said those little spots won’t rust. And he also said almost ever dcx car he has working on the past couple of years are missing paint. He said the JKs are one of the most noticeable, but he showed me a new Jeep Grand that was missing paint. And he said his one friend just bought a trail blazer, and on the hatch you can see primer.

He finished by saying, trying to touch up those spots would be a bad choice. 9 out of 10 times the paint wouldn’t match, or there would be high spots, runs, etc. But he ended saying the dealer ship would pay to touch it up if I wanted him to. But I said no.

IMO this guy was sincere.

Quick Reply: To visit the Body shop tuesday