Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

VIN question

Old 05-17-2007, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuk
I have been getting updates through the dealer, but i'm skeptical of their info, as its usually pretty vague.

I just tried the US line again for kicks, and this time (after pressing 5 and following the prompts) they collected my info, and were able to give me D status along with a reference number....they also said for further inquiries I can get the same info from the Canadian offices at 1.800.465.2001....

SO (as the patient fellow I am) I called the Canadian offices to make sure the stories match up....and they stick to their original story that they dont have that information in their offices and can not access it...they say only the dealer has this info....BS!

Moral of the story is, call the US line and be polite and hope for the best....as they may or may not give you the info...!
completly agree with you on that one,as i have been calling the US number for the past 4 months.i have always been polite with them and they give me the info i ask for(unfortunatly the wrong answer):sad: .you can not even get the time of day from dc canada just past 4 months of waiting and still bx,expecting to be told my order will become a 2008 just about had it,might just tell them to stick it where the sun never shines,get my money back and deal with a respectfull company
damn this venting feels good

2007 sahara unlimited,6 speed ,dual tops........
Old 05-17-2007, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was told yesterday that I was in D, and the dealer only had the last 8 digits of the vin. He said he did not know when it would shipped. I asked him to email the 8 digits he had and he seemed hesitant...so I just said hell with it and call when you have an update.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:33 AM
JK Newbie

Good luck with that...i may be in D now, but who really knows what that means...!
Old 05-18-2007, 08:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mpuk
Good luck with that...i may be in D now, but who really knows what that means...!
Here you can find an answer...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/check-status-your-jeep-jk-wrangler-order-status-codes-161/
Old 05-22-2007, 04:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rubicon_Fan
Thanks, but I meant; who REALLY knows what D status means when it some people stay in this status for months and some don't...

Quick Reply: VIN question