Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Vendors annoy me!

Old 03-12-2012, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Vendors annoy me!

Why do vendors have a "Contact Us" page when they never respond to your inquiry? I submitted a few questions to Tera Flex yesterday and they have yet to respond. That really annoys me and makes me wonder what kind of response I would get if I purchased their product and had a problem. I had this same issue with Rough Country over a lift for my Toyota, two inquiries and never a response

Old 03-12-2012, 04:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Have you tried the phone? Teraflex has some of the most accessible folks out there. They have a contact on this forum as well. Try not to rant because you sent an email on Sunday and haven't heard back yet...one day hardly constitutes "never"
Old 03-12-2012, 04:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Orangeav
Have you tried the phone? Teraflex has some of the most accessible folks out there. They have a contact on this forum as well. Try not to rant because you sent an email on Sunday and haven't heard back yet...one day hardly constitutes "never"
x 1 000 000

Maybe the OP is just having a bad day..... Let's give him a pass.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by robsjeep9

x 1 000 000

Maybe the OP is just having a bad day..... Let's give him a pass.
Roger that!
Old 03-12-2012, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Okay, I will give TF a pass. But my inquiries to Rough Country by email and a phone call never were answered. My point is if your going to have a "Contact Us" link then make sure someone monitors and gets back the customer or potential customer. I make sure to get back to inquiries for my customers where I work and I expect nothing less from a company I do business with or may do business with.

That is one thing I really like about Quadratec. They may not have the best price all the time but my experience with their support has been great.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would almost agree to you your post but I just remembered it was the weekend and I'm sure that I'm not the only customer they have....I did get a reply back from 2 out of the 4 vendors I "contacted" over the weekend, hopefully hear from the other 2 by tomorrow...
Old 03-12-2012, 04:43 PM
JK Super Freak

You are talking apples and oranges there though. Q-Tec is a distributor with dedicated sales staff and the whole nine yards. Tera Flex and RC are manufacturers. While I agree with wanting the best possible service especially when I, like you, provide that daily to my customers, there has to be some understanding on our part of the vender we are dealing with. That said, no response is 100% unacceptable! If you are on FB you might be able to reach someone this second. Give it a shot. Oh, you could run the question in the forum too and they might respond to that too. Either way you go, just know that TF will take good care of you.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orangeav
You are talking apples and oranges there though. Q-Tec is a distributor with dedicated sales staff and the whole nine yards. Tera Flex and RC are manufacturers. While I agree with wanting the best possible service especially when I, like you, provide that daily to my customers, there has to be some understanding on our part of the vender we are dealing with. That said, no response is 100% unacceptable! If you are on FB you might be able to reach someone this second. Give it a shot. Oh, you could run the question in the forum too and they might respond to that too. Either way you go, just know that TF will take good care of you.
I am sure they will. I have heard nothing but good things about TF on here. Like I said, I will give TF a pass for now. As for Rough Country, they lost my business with the Toyota. I mean two email submissions and a unreturned phone call was just not acceptable and I gave them plenty of time between each inquiry.

I guess I have high expectations when it comes to customer service because my company expects every inquiry I receive to at least get a "hey I will get back to you" response the same day received. Thus, I expect the same. Unreasonable? Maybe but I do think it is a good quality to instill in your organization. We call it the Sun Down rule, every inquiry gets a response before close of business day. Must work as we have been in business since the early 1900's and I have had a successful career there for nearly 22 years.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rlew0083

I am sure they will. I have heard nothing but good things about TF on here. Like I said, I will give TF a pass for now. As for Rough Country, they lost my business with the Toyota. I mean two email submissions and a unreturned phone call was just not acceptable and I gave them plenty of time between each inquiry.

I guess I have high expectations when it comes to customer service because my company expects every inquiry I receive to at least get a "hey I will get back to you" response the same day received. Thus, I expect the same. Unreasonable? Maybe but I do think it is a good quality to instill in your organization. We call it the Sun Down rule, every inquiry gets a response before close of business day. Must work as we have been in business since the early 1900's and I have had a successful career there for nearly 22 years.
I hear ya! In today's day and age I find myself being accessible 24-7 with email on my phone and all that good stuff. Sun Down rule, I like that!

Cheers!
Old 03-12-2012, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

seriously, you sound like a four year old. i'd slap you in a heart beat if you said that in front of me.

Quick Reply: Vendors annoy me!