Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Unlimited Rear Storage Dimension?

Old 10-28-2009, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unlimited Rear Storage Dimension?

What are the dimensions for the rear storage area in the Unlimited? I'm looking for length, width and height with the rear seats up.

Thank you.

Jeff
Old 10-29-2009, 02:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeffncs
What are the dimensions for the rear storage area in the Unlimited? I'm looking for length, width and height with the rear seats up.

Thank you.

Jeff
Except the '82 cubic feet of available cargo capacity' information, I can't find the LxWxH detail
Old 10-29-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went out and measured for you. With the rear seats up the depth varies between 28" at the top of the back seat near the headrests and 37" at the bottom of seats, The width is 44" minimum between the roll bars and other than that the inside of the hard top it is 60" across. Finally the height is 36" to the roll bar and 42" to the hard top when your not under the roll bar.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Perfect. Thank you!

I'm getting ready to order my Unlimited Rubicon and want to ensure a Pelican 1750 will fit in the back. I have to transport some "toys" quite frequently...

Thanks.
Jeff

Originally Posted by tpm152
I just went out and measured for you. With the rear seats up the depth varies between 28" at the top of the back seat near the headrests and 37" at the bottom of seats, The width is 44" minimum between the roll bars and other than that the inside of the hard top it is 60" across. Finally the height is 36" to the roll bar and 42" to the hard top when your not under the roll bar.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:55 PM
JK Freak

One thing to keep in mind is if you get the infinity stereo system (with the subwoofer) there is much less space in the trunk. I would highly recommend to avoid it because its in a crappy spot and your case would more than likely not fit with it. I don't have it but have seen a lot of reviews that say its terrible for cargo space.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:11 PM
JK Junkie

This is very true. The subwoofer is located in the rear right corner (facing forward) of the cargo space and it uses a fair amount of space. However, it is very easy to remove.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the note on the subwoofer. I'll stick with one of the stereos with that in mind.

JN

Quick Reply: Unlimited Rear Storage Dimension?