Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Unlimited?

Old 12-12-2007, 09:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TEEJ
IIRC, fog lights in the front bumper are another Sahara/X difference as well.

If not getting a Rubi, you need a used '07 to get 4.10's. I don't know of any new '07's laying around still.
an X with the "S" package comes with fog lights. just like mine. and it's inaccurate to say that "you need to get a used '07 to get 4.10's". it just ain't the truth. there are still plenty of 07's on the lots if you actually take a look rather than speculate based on what you see at the dealership up the street. i searched a small radius relative to the OP's location and found the following close matches (all of them are 07's):

------------------
sunset dodge jeep has one with tow package (4.10's)
douglas jeep has a manual with power convenience group

jerry ulm has one with damn near every option known to man (expensive)
and another that's an automatic (4.10's) with half doors - you trade out the power convenience, but get uber-cool half doors instead

DeSoto Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Arcadia has an unlimited X 4x4 automatic w/hardtop (4.10's)
------------------

these are just the close matches i found. throughout the 14 dealerships i looked at, i must have found around 30-40 2007's. now i just leave this up to the OP to use the jeep.com inventory search to find exactly what he wants (be careful to make sure it's not a 4x2). i fully believe it's possible. you might end up with one or two options you hadn't originally planned on, but what you're looking for is likely out there. good luck and good searching
Old 12-12-2007, 10:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a Sahara because of MyGig, painted flares, YES seats..

Well that and it was in stock on the lot.. and I dont regret it at all.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by racer83l
I got a Sahara because of MyGig, painted flares, YES seats..

Well that and it was in stock on the lot.. and I dont regret it at all.
this is exactly my point. you specifically wanted painted flares. because of your appreciation of this option, the sahara was entirely appropriate for you. (MyGig can be had on any trim level and rubi's get YES seats as well)

congrats on owning a JK that you're quantifiably satisfied with!
Old 12-12-2007, 11:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Westbayou
You tell me? This is the kind of info I am looking for. Painted flairs look good, but also scratch...

I got a Sahara unlimited and placed 3M clear bra on the front grill, hood, lights, flairs front and back to protect from scratches and rock dings. Cost me $500 Cdn to do the works installed. The 3M clear tape works wonders on the rear flares with my 3 & 6 year olds getting out of the back....no scratches or chips.
If they scuff it up....just take some wax and give it good rub and it's gone. If the bra chips or scratches up pretty good....rip off the tape and replace, paint is still good as new.

Have placed this on my last 3 vehicles and when it is time to trade-in or sell....ripe off the bra and the car is like new....no chips or scratches.

Also, not sure if someone mentioned was the 08's Sahara's and I believe X's with tow package only come with the 3:73 rear's. I too was debating about auto vs stick.....We went with the 6 speed and have not looked back, fun to drive & gets great mileage City 20 and Highway 24MPG.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Guess I need to get on jeep.com and do an inventory search. I figured all the 07's would be LONG gone. I know where all of those dealerships are.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:14 PM
JK Freak

Guess I need to get on jeep.com and do an inventory search. I figured all the 07's would be LONG gone. I know where all of those dealerships are.
i looked up the zip code for Bradenton and plugged that into the inventory search for what i think was a 25 or 50 mile radius. i'm sure it would return several more results were you to expand that radius to your comfort. the results returned are in order of proximity from near to far. good luck!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did the search. There are a few around with the options that I would look at, but none in the colors I am interested in (found flame red or white). That and being that I am in Florida, there just aren't any deals to be had on new 07's. No incentives at all. There are a mess of used 07's around with less than 5K miles for 4 or 5 grand less than they are asking for the new ones. Also figured something else out, that Infinity system with the sub takes up a fair amount of space in the back. Didn't like that very much at all. I'm fighting the urge to find a black X, but the wife seems to like that color the best. Hmmm...... I liked the red rock and the black, but man black is hard to keep clean and this IS a Jeep.....
Old 12-12-2007, 07:58 PM
JK Freak

with your particular needs: 2007 unlimited X with "S" package 4x4, power package, AND 4.10 gears....

i think it's a bit much to expect to be able to find the exact color you had in mind. i'm not saying it's impossible, but when you're looking at the already "old" model year, though not completely depleted, you're making for a pretty tough search.

also, if i were you, i would seriously consider looking beyond just your state. if you want exactly what you want in an 07 when no new ones are being made, it stands to reason that you should be willing to travel if it's that important to you. otherwise, i would begin to think about making a compromise somewhere.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Also figured something else out, that Infinity system with the sub takes up a fair amount of space in the back. Didn't like that very much at all.

I've got this and I will attest that it is a damn good sounding system!! I think it sounds great and have no problem losing that space in the back - and it's not a lot of space.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh, I'm still flexible on the color more than anything else. I'm also still leaning towards a used one to save the money. Like I said, they aren't offering any deals on the 07's, so if I was gonna buy new I may as well buy an 08'. Down here it seems like there are a LOT of soccer mom's who bought an Unlimited to be "cool" for their kids and then after a few months realized they were still driving a Jeep and not that Volvo SUV they came from. Used Unlimited seem to be pretty easy to come by these days once you sift through the 2wd Saharas....

Quick Reply: Unlimited?