Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Unless you talk me out of it...I'm selling the JK!

Old 08-12-2008, 06:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Renegade
It's much safer for me to be in a Jeep. I like speed WAY too much. Thanks everybody, but it's a done deal as long as someone will buy it...
hey before you sell it why don't you part out the goodies...what kind of 37's and which wheels do you have ???
Old 08-12-2008, 06:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
hey before you sell it why don't you part out the goodies...what kind of 37's and which wheels do you have ???
Well, that's an interesting story. I had been running Hankook Dynapro MTs on Moab wheels (tires only have 4,000 miles on them and ride great), with Spidertrax spacers. The wheels were pretty messed up so I decided to epoxy the damage and paint them argent. 3 of them turned out really good, but I also really messed one up. I decided that all the effort wasn't worth it right now so I switched out the Moabs for a set of black Marsh Racing Offroad wheels which I already had. The Marsh Racing wheels had a set of 37x13.50-17 Pitbull Rockers (used for only 100 road miles and 1 trail ride) on them and had just been sitting in the garage. The Pitbulls don't ride good at all on the road, so I put the Hankooks back on it with the Marsh wheels. At the price I am asking I will let it go with both sets of tires and wheels along with a spare set of new front axle shafts I have. If I sell the Jeep without the other goodies I will sell all the parts individually.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:56 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
the are cutting "company cars" around here alot to save money on gas and maintaince....

keep the JK
Yeah, our department can't figure out what it's doing with "their" cars. They are taking away about 30 cars from people who live just outside the county even though the cars were parked at the county line, all in the name of saving mgas. The kicker is that they are handing out about 100 more take-home cars to the "new guys."
Old 08-12-2008, 07:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Well, that's an interesting story. I had been running Hankook Dynapro MTs on Moab wheels (tires only have 4,000 miles on them and ride great), with Spidertrax spacers. The wheels were pretty messed up so I decided to epoxy the damage and paint them argent. 3 of them turned out really good, but I also really messed one up. I decided that all the effort wasn't worth it right now so I switched out the Moabs for a set of black Marsh Racing Offroad wheels which I already had. The Marsh Racing wheels had a set of 37x13.50-17 Pitbull Rockers (used for only 100 road miles and 1 trail ride) on them and had just been sitting in the garage. The Pitbulls don't ride good at all on the road, so I put the Hankooks back on it with the Marsh wheels. At the price I am asking I will let it go with both sets of tires and wheels along with a spare set of new front axle shafts I have. If I sell the Jeep without the other goodies I will sell all the parts individually.
well I'd be interested in the PB Rockers standalone...just for the trail if you're interested in getting rid of them shoot me a pm.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Keep the Jeep, Sell the wife and kids.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:28 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by berg
Keep the Jeep, Sell the wife and kids.
That's not an option. I'm still upside down on my loan on them.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

So was I but I decided that I needed to cut my losses while they were still bearable... Had I tried to right sxide myself on it, I'd have been bankrupt..... morally, spiritually, financially...

So I'm still paying my debt on that very unwise purchase, but
Old 08-12-2008, 09:39 AM
JK Super Freak

That's too bad. I know a guy named Achmed that would give you a very good price for them

Oh well, looks like you are stuck with them.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spartan99
All in all it's just a car. If you have a family to take care of and you'd prefer to do something else with the $, then sell it. You can always get another one down the road if you want.
Rule #1 - It's not "just a car", it's a JEEP!!!! Respect it!!!

Quick Reply: Unless you talk me out of it...I'm selling the JK!