Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Unforeseen consequences of going topless

Old 04-27-2011, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an old CJ5 in high school. We took the top off one day and thought it would be fun to go barreling through a spillway on a dam. Well, water comes up and over and water shot through the vent right into my seat. But is sure was fun.......
Old 04-27-2011, 03:51 PM
JK Jedi

This story made me chuckle. Good story.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:03 PM
JK Freak

i had a giant bird shit if I had been 1 inch forward of my position when it hit, I would have had shit all over the inside of the jeep, dash seats, and me covered,
but lucky for me it landed just on the outside of the front window and on the hood.
dam birds I had just washed and waxed the jeep too.
close one
Old 04-27-2011, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toad
I hate bees. When I see them I scream and run away. I've been stung and yes, it hurts. I do not wish to be stung again.

So in conjunction with the tarantula hawks, my top down story has us on a run in the desert, behind everyone else who has their tops/doors on. We are going slow through this tight canyon and here come these tarantula hawks, just flying around, coming in from the side and flying under the roll bars to the other side of the jeep and out. Well, since everyone else has their tops on, no one really cares. Me and Bullfrog are slightly freaking out and we get on the CB and ask to move along a little faster. Luckily those things weren't interested in us but I have a big hatred for flying, stinging things and wanted to get out of there fast. They freaked us out for sure.
Toad, I would have lost my shiz if I would have seen even one of those things coming towards me. Screaming and running would have been the least of it. I didn't even know these things existed until today and I have family and spend time in AZ twice a year. Scary.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can of WD40 and a lighter. Nothing says lovin like a home made flame thrower. Not the safest option though now that I think about it....
Old 04-28-2011, 06:26 AM
JK Freak

Holy crap!! Glad you're okay, OP...
Old 04-28-2011, 06:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've found trash people throw away in my Jeep while topless and one time a guy flicked a cigarette butt at me after yelling that its illegal to drive topless and doorless. Go figure...
Old 04-28-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xerofall
I've found trash people throw away in my Jeep while topless and one time a guy flicked a cigarette butt at me after yelling that its illegal to drive topless and doorless. Go figure...
Wow, really? That would not have ended well with me.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default apparantly...

I shouldnt f*ck the bee hives.

Quick Reply: Unforeseen consequences of going topless