Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Unforeseen consequences of going topless

Old 04-22-2011, 11:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lacavol
I was in Death Valley a few summers ago with just the windows down. A Tarantula Hawk flew in, it didn't sting me but I jumped out so fast it's a good thing I stalled the engine.
i can just see that
Old 04-22-2011, 11:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just the other day, was a light and a wasp flew by and landed on my windshield.I thought to my self, that would suck if they came inside, and after reading this thread, I will be carrying a can of RAID at all times
Old 04-23-2011, 07:23 AM
JK Newbie

Happened today, going down the Autoban doing about 75-80 and what do I see in my mirror. My 20 month old sons stuffed animal, I had it strapped in but I guess the little guy figured out knots today.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

Beautiful spring day leaving jury duty in Elizabeth NJ in my old CJ. I was stopped at a red light and the high school was just getting out when some kid thought it would be funny and just jumped in. Not the safest town so I panicked and pushed him out. Wasn't too far a fall but he landed on his shoulder on the asphalt. He seemed ok though as I saw him yelling and giving me the finger in my rearview as I blew through the red. kinda funny now but scared the bejesus outta me at the time...
Old 04-26-2011, 09:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in Death Valley a few summers ago with just the windows down. A Tarantula Hawk flew in, it didn't sting me but I jumped out so fast it's a good thing I stalled the engine.
Damn! Up against one of those things, I think I'd jump out too - let the insurance company deal with the Jeep!

Originally Posted by JKSTI&R1
Just the other day, was a light and a wasp flew by and landed on my windshield.I thought to my self, that would suck if they came inside, and after reading this thread, I will be carrying a can of RAID at all times
I found a brown recluse in my garage recently *shudder* - I admit, I have a little arachnophobia going for me - When I opened my tool box, the can of Raid was sitting right next to the can of Carb cleaner. Guess which one I reached for.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Being in the midwest I did not know what a tarantula hawk is...I just googled it. F-Dat, I would have completely lost it.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by banx
Being in the midwest I did not know what a tarantula hawk is...I just googled it. F-Dat, I would have completely lost it.
Did the same.... :shivers:
Old 04-27-2011, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by db99wj
Did the same.... :shivers:
Let's hope they keep those over there.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get spiders in mine, parked in the pole barn at night with the top off. I will be driving down the road and have one crawl on me or come sliding down from above. No great love for spiders.

20 years riding motorcycles I have been stung several times. Once drove through a giant swarm of honey bees just before dark. Scared the heck out of me, got stopped and gently shook them off. Not one stung. Hornets and wasps....they are another matter. They will go down your shirt and just go to town on you.

But the wayward mufflers, 2x4 pieces of wood, shredded semi tires, and other objects in the road were the real danger on a bike (besides drivers). I rarely ride any more. I like the added protection the Jeep affords while still providing an open air experience.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:40 PM
JK Newbie

last summer i had my top down and doors on with the windows rolled down. i had my elbow resting on the door and a bee flew up my sleeve, at first i thought it was a piece of bark from a logging truck and then i felt it crawling on my back...needless to say i pulled over and took my shirt off with a quickness. luckily nobody was around to see my girly parts.

Quick Reply: Unforeseen consequences of going topless