Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

UNBELIEVABLE! New JKU hit today....

Old 10-11-2011, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Redleg81
So my one month old (600 mi) '12 JKU was hit today. The cliff notes......A neighbor lady was making a U-turn today in our development and somehow managed to hit my Jeep. As you can tell, she hit the front left corner of the bumper and also clipped the wheel/tire. There's a small gash in the wheel that's hard to see, but it's there. Tire just has scrape marks. I wasn't to worried until I went to take the Jeep for a drive. The alignment is way off, there's a noise coming from that side, and the ESP goes on and off. My Jeep is officially out of commission! It's going to have to be towed to get looked at. I'm not sure what to do until I get the word on actual damage, but I'm just at a loss of words right now. I'm a nursing student and don't need this added stress right now (anybody who's a nurse or a nursing student would understand)
I know how that feels, I had a same thing happen to me except in the back. It sucks financially , but I was somewhat calm knowing that everything was bolt-off, bolt-on replaceable and didn't really need bodywork.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:44 PM
JK Freak

My Jeep received the same damage.., in addition to the flare being scraped. Because it was a co-worker who was honest, I made no claim and decided on the VDP bumper chop with end caps ($62.00). The wheel alignment was $39, however just like you, I had to bring it back. The funny part, I fixed mine immediately, while he left the black smudge from my Baja tire on the corner of his bumper. Go figure.

Last edited by Orangutan; 10-11-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Orangutan
My Jeep received the same damage.., in addition to the flare being scraped. Because it was a co-worker who was honest, I made no claim and decided on the VDP bumper chop with end caps ($62.00). The wheel alignment was $39, however just like you, I had to bring it back. The funny part, I fixed mine immediately, while he left the black smudge from my Baja tire on the corner of his bumper. Go figure.
Kinda wished I went this route and just did a stubby conversion. The insurance company didn't give me much to play with. They gave me a check for $936. Total from dealership was $766 (new bumper, alignment, and labor). I still have to order a new procomp wheel and get it mounted/balanced (road force) with the remaining balance.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:34 PM
JK Freak

definitely talk to your insurance about diminished value and document everything - if you don't and you ever have another claim where your insurance has to cover your Jeep, this will come up and they will deduct it from the value.

I My insurance tried to pull that on me over a VW Jetta I owned. When it got totaled by uninsured criminals they low balled me based on the damage from hit and run when new. It took 2 months of haggling to get them to back off and pay the full value. Luckily I documented the original accident, conversations etc... so I had some proof but what a hassle it was to get the true value of the car, not the diminished value they tried to settle on.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:27 AM
JK Freak

Yah.., what they said. When it comes to insurance, let the agent know that you have a choice when it comes to providers, also remember your the victim, don't settle like I did. Good luck.

Quick Reply: UNBELIEVABLE! New JKU hit today....