Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Uh-oh....bushwacker pocket flares buyer's remorse

Old 05-01-2011, 06:36 PM
HBC
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flares

Originally Posted by diver_matt
Yeah....I might. Only $200 for them fully intact, no cracks, etc so I'm sure I can break even. Other than personal opinion about appearance, why do you guys say they suck? Is there a functional reason or purely opinions on appearance? If it's functional, I'm all ears.
If you decide to part with them for about $200 I'd be interested. Just send me a pm if you like this option.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HBC
If you decide to part with them for about $200 I'd be interested. Just send me a pm if you like this option.
As is or after painting? If I don't like them I'll be selling to break even. I'd add the cost of painting but nothing more (receipts included). However, by then they would be essentially mint condition. Newly painted including inside, new hardware, all mounting tabs intact and side marker light housing installed. We'll see.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:52 PM
HBC
JK Enthusiast

As is or after painting? If I don't like them I'll be selling to break even. I'd add the cost of painting but nothing more (receipts included). However, by then they would be essentially mint condition. Newly painted including inside, new hardware, all mounting tabs intact and side marker light housing installed. We'll see.

Either way is fine, unless you pimp them out with pure gold encrusted :~). Just let me know.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah....I might. Only $200 for them fully intact, no cracks, etc so I'm sure I can break even. Other than personal opinion about appearance, why do you guys say they suck? Is there a functional reason or purely opinions on appearance? If it's functional, I'm all ears.
if you were running 35's and 4 + inches fine but 33's that i'm sure your stock fenders already cover......Na. I believe they require drilling new holes in your fenders so if you dont like em, then what? the forty or so holes are gonna look alot worse. JMO.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default IC

I'm almost in the same boat I bought the BW Pocket flares for my fronts but really don't like the 'over' coverage. Honestly, after getting them I see how they would look great if I had 40s and a 6inch lift... but thats pretty much out of my budget range. I've pulled them off since and just ordered the full Bushwacker flat flares and im just gonna craigslist the failed 'experiment'...
Old 05-01-2011, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08yellowx
if you were running 35's and 4 + inches fine but 33's that i'm sure your stock fenders already cover......Na. I believe they require drilling new holes in your fenders so if you dont like em, then what? the forty or so holes are gonna look alot worse. JMO.
Well, there's a couple holes in slash guard and the inner support but nothing that would prevent installing a different set. This was exactly what I've been concerned about....the tire size. Time will tell.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

you seem to be getting mostly responses from people who just don't like the bushwacker pocket flares....there are a lot of people that have them and like them just fine...I don't have them but am planning on buying a set in the future. Try them out and see how you like them....and if you don't, take 'em off, sell 'em to someone else who wants to try them, and get something different

hope it turns out for ya', I think they'll look good

Sam
Old 05-01-2011, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JacKed 8
you seem to be getting mostly responses from people who just don't like the bushwacker pocket flares....there are a lot of people that have them and like them just fine...I don't have them but am planning on buying a set in the future. Try them out and see how you like them....and if you don't, take 'em off, sell 'em to someone else who wants to try them, and get something different

hope it turns out for ya', I think they'll look good

Sam
Yeah...like I said, I love them based on the few I've seen in person and in photos. However, I'm thinking most or all had a larger lift and/or tires than I do. I don't have any desire to upsize so these might just be too large for my set up. Fingers crossed.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default I like my Bushwackers

https://www.jk-forum.com/asset.php?f...9&d=1303866400

I have a 3.5" AEV lift, 35's with 1 1/5" spacers and the wheels have a 4.5" backspacing. The fenders are big but as long as the tire sticks out just a bit, it should be fine.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kellyII
yea those suck balls
They look really nice on that Jeep from that Vampire movie!

Quick Reply: Uh-oh....bushwacker pocket flares buyer's remorse