Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

U-Haul wouldn't rent me a trailer :(

Old 06-16-2009, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The rule does in fact apply in Canada. When I went to put the deposit on the 4x8, the gentleman at the counter made sure to remind me to have the hard top on when I come pick it up.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blue
Unless they've changed it recently, UHaul will rent to owners of the Mercury Mountaneer . . . the Exploder clone.
That is correct. My friend at work had a 2003 Explorer with the factory tow package and they refused to rent to him. When I went there with my 2002 Mountaineer with factory tow package they signed me right up without breaking a sweat.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Holy crap. I am glad I ran across this thread. I live just outside New Orleans and have always had a full size Chevy truck. During mandatory evacuations (now that my g/f makes me leave for them) I have always rented a U-haul trailer and my insurance reimburses me for the expense. I got rid of my truck and bought the JK about 6 months ago.

I have no clue how I will deal with this problem now. I guess I will have to buy either a hard top that I can't afford nor have a place to store, or a trailer that I can't afford nor have place to store. Either way I hope my insurance will help reimburse me for it as an evacuation expense, although I doubt it.

Quick Reply: U-Haul wouldn't rent me a trailer :(