Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tuttle Click Jeep Dealership Questions

Old 09-08-2010, 10:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuttle Click Jeep Dealership Questions

So today I went in to get a routine oil change done to my 2008 2dr X with 38,300 miles and also to get an exhaust manifold leak fixed. I called over the phone on Monday, the 6th and told them the specific reason I needed to make an appointment, for the oil change and exhaust manifold. Over the phone they told me that the exhaust manifold would be covered under warranty and that it would not be a problem.

When I went in, I walked up to the counter, stated my name, and told them why I was there. They then told me that it would be a $100 charge to "diagnose" the problem, even though I already told them that it was the manifold. They explained that it is incase the part isnt covered under the warranty, and that if after the diagnosis the problem is in fact covered under the warranty I will not be charged the $100. I said that the exhaust manifold is part of the lifetime powertrain warranty given that it IS part of the powertrain, and they said the $100 quote is just incase there is another contributing factor, for example, from the exhaust system.

I could not convince them to simply fix the exhaust manifold so I reluctantly said I would simply do the oil change and come back for the rest, seeing that I did not have an extra $100 to just toss around to figure out I cant afford the fix they diagnosed.

I know that the powertrain warranty covers everything from the catalytic converter forward and from there back is considered the emissions system which is not covered under the powertrain warranty. Seeing that the manifold would be covered, I am not too worried about that part, but what I am concerned about is if there is a problem behind the converter, I will have to pay the $100 and will not be able to afford the fix that I essentially put a $100 investment into.

So is there anyway to get them to simply fix the manifold, or am I going to have to take a gamble and HOPE they dont "find" something else. I am a little frustrated seeing that they told me one thing over the phone and are now telling em another thing once I have driven all the way down there.

Any advice or information regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated,

Tay
Old 09-08-2010, 10:12 AM
JK Jedi

Isn't that the dealer that flagged WOL? If so, I'm not sure I'd take my Jeep there at all if it had any mods.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mskh20
Isn't that the dealer that flagged WOL? If so, I'm not sure I'd take my Jeep there at all if it had any mods.
Yes it is in fact the same dealership, it wasnt until today that I realized the connection but now I am trying to deal with the manner. I considered printing up the letters and bringing them in to show the names of the people he dealt with explaining that the exhaust manifold was part of the powertrain
Old 09-08-2010, 10:41 AM
JK Junkie

I'm sorry man but why in God's name would you even consider going back there? Especially after the nightmare stories that have been on here because of that specific dealership. Take it to another dealership and save some hassle...
Old 09-08-2010, 10:45 AM
JK Freak

Take that thing to a different dealership. I have never heard of a dealership charging just to look at the veh. At least before hand. You may get a bill after.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 07BLUEJK
Take that thing to a different dealership. I have never heard of a dealership charging just to look at the veh. At least before hand. You may get a bill after.
I told them to not do any kind of diagnosis and if they did it would be against my consent and that I would not pay for it. Ill probably end up looking up another dealership but it was the fact that they lied to me over the phone that bothers me the most
Old 09-08-2010, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Head over to Don-A-Vee. Almost every JK I saw in the service bay last time I was there was modded. They don't seem to mind and my initial experience with them was good.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dstock
Head over to Don-A-Vee. Almost every JK I saw in the service bay last time I was there was modded. They don't seem to mind and my initial experience with them was good.
Looking them up as we speak
Old 09-08-2010, 12:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Try Orange Coast as well
Old 09-08-2010, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sully151
Try Orange Coast as well
Orange Coast is a bunch of pricks. I drove in my JK for a Recall issue and was denied because of my aftermarket exhaust.

Pluke -

Quick Reply: Tuttle Click Jeep Dealership Questions