Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Turtle Wax Ice?

Old 06-04-2008, 06:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well sounds like it's unanimous. Guess I'm off to get some myself.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKnewb
So I can use it on my soft top, black plastic bumpers and flares? It wont leave white film like the other waxes will?

Not sure I can do it without proof, anyone got pics of their top/bumpers/flares after waxed with the Ice?
I'm not so sure I would use it on your soft top. I don't use ICE, so I may be wrong, but I don't think that is a good idea

Last edited by Keith615; 06-04-2008 at 06:14 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

glad i saw this thread...i've been wondering about turtle wax ice since i first saw the commercial with the JKs. I'll have to give it a try.

for those who said they use it on their flares & bumpers, will this be the same as using 303 or bestop protectant, in terms of preventing fading?
Old 06-04-2008, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just used ice on everything except the soft top. Works great on the fenders.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:33 PM
JK Junkie

Its a polish, not a wax. I wax after I use the ICE. NXT after the ICE works sooo well.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:58 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by kntr
Its a polish, not a wax. I wax after I use the ICE. NXT after the ICE works sooo well.

I was a bit confused by this, as they seem to use the terms polish and wax interchangeably on their website. I have used the Meguiars cleaner/wax before with good results, it is more of a project though.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I use ice because it is easy and makes everything shine. It does not help protect your jeep from scratches on the trail. I always put nxt paste on before i hit the trails and never get scratches. The one time i used ice instead of nxt i got scratches everywhere. So, ice for dd and after wheelin cleanup. Thick paste wax for wheeling
Old 06-05-2008, 07:33 AM
JK Junkie

I started using this stuff because of another thread a while back where someone was singing its praises. I had been using Eagle1 Wax as You Dry and thought that no one could beat that stuff... I was wrong, the ICE wax is the bomb diggity!

Last edited by bOLsAK=3; 06-05-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Have been using it a couple months now, it doesn't last long but that's Turtle Wax for you, other than that sucking it's nice and easy to put on and take off. I like it on the fenders too.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kntr
Here is what the back of the Turtle Wax box says. "Introducing the most revolutionary paste car polish ever created to make your car shine. ICE Synthetic Paste Car Polish is the result of years of research at the laboratories of Turtle Wax. The incredible discovery of unique synthetic polymers allows you to quickly and easily WAX (caps by me) your car and make it shine like never before. Guaranteed.
I used it on the JK (bright silver) yesterday and on the Super Duty (white) this morning. I don't don't no about other colors but with mine it is hard to see where it is being applied because it goes on clear and is clear when it dries. I do love that it doesn't show on the black surfaces like finders, mirrors and door handles. No need to get out the "Black Chrome" to cover up the white residue left on the black with other waxes. Real happy with the stuff.

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax Ice?