Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Turtle Wax Ice?

Old 06-03-2008, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess we're beating this to death but I'll give it a plug as well. I use the wax and the wash on my JK and Harley. Awesome stuff, I even use it on the windshield, helps to bead up the rain.

Buy it, you won't regret it.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I used it and really liked it. Its easy is a big plus for me. This is coming from a guy that hasnt waxed anything in the past due to the hassle. It deff gets my vote.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Another endorsement here. I used the liquid clay bar. Probably not as good as the real thing, but pretty close with a little elbow grease. Left a heavy film that had to be washed off. Followed with the wax (paste style) and the spray detailer. Fantastic. Cleaned my wife's car up with it as well. Looked like it just rolled off the lot.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I Have 2 Mustangs and the JK and I wouldn't use anything else! I got ICE the day it hit the shelf and I haven't even looked back once. Highly recommended!

I have every Ice product they make! Get the Liquid wax and try it you will be hooked after the first second you wipe it on!
Old 06-03-2008, 09:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by birdfish316
Anyone tried Turtle Wax Ice? I heard you could use it on everything in the interior and exterior as well. Just wondering...
I bought it but haven't used it yet. It has rained almost every day for 2 weeks. I was wondering if anyone used it on the interior too? I understand they have some especially for the interior that doesn't leave a shine. Anyone tried it?
Old 06-03-2008, 10:34 PM
JK Freak

I send them an email because out here its really really hot and i heard from many sourced that our heat with a polish on will kill the paint to a point of comming off sometimes. So maybe someone on here can tell me if thats true and/or if the ICE is the same and i should be afraid?
Old 06-04-2008, 02:34 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JK-Q8
I send them an email because out here its really really hot and i heard from many sourced that our heat with a polish on will kill the paint to a point of comming off sometimes. So maybe someone on here can tell me if thats true and/or if the ICE is the same and i should be afraid?

I think the ICE is a wax, not a polish. If anything you should wax your Jeep to protect the paint.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:35 AM
JK Jedi

My Dad just used this stuff on his truck and swears by it, I might have to give it a shot because I don't have the time to do a "real" polish/wax job on the Jeep.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
My Dad just used this stuff on his truck and swears by it, I might have to give it a shot because I don't have the time to do a "real" polish/wax job on the Jeep.
This is exactly why I like it. A real carnuba wax job will protect longer BUT its a complete PIA all day ordeal to do right. Even if the ICE doesnt last as long its still so easy to apply you could do it almost every time you wash your jeep since it only takes 30-45 minutes to do a thick coat.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

So I can use it on my soft top, black plastic bumpers and flares? It wont leave white film like the other waxes will?

Not sure I can do it without proof, anyone got pics of their top/bumpers/flares after waxed with the Ice?

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax Ice?