Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tuffy

Old 06-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My apologies to anyone who has had troubles contacting Tuffy. As seer mentioned, we do have some folks on the road right now and due to other issues, I am practically a one-man show here in the office. As I sit here after hours, I'm working on e-mail replies as well as forum topics.

In regards to the Flip-n-Lock covers, we've found that the black bolts that were supplied to us aren't what were specified. They are a black oxide (which doesn't provide rust protection) as opposed to a black zinc plate (which does). Unfortunately its not easy finding a new supply! We do have a small supply of black zinc plated bolts with a different head that will work for the side bolts. We also have the top plate bolts, but they are a clear finish. With that being said, anyone who is having bolt issues with their Flip-n-Lock, please PM me, call 1-800-348-8339 or send an e-mail with your full name and full mailing address...we'll get them out to you ASAP!

Thanks,
Eric
Tuffy Security Products
Old 06-19-2009, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Black paint?

I got rid of my Trans Am in favor of a JK partially due to the fact that it’s, well… A JEEP! I love being able to get trail scratches and not care. Chip the paint… paint it. Dent a bumper… who cares. Drag it along a clay wall on a trail and scratch the fender flairs and roll bar… who cares, IT’S A JEEP! If you drive her like she wants to be driven then go to AutoZone and buy a paint marker to re-color the screw heads, not a big deal. I understand that when you buy a product you want it to be perfect but you’re going to give a great company bad publicity because a screw head started to rust? The same thing happened to my cubby cover but overall it’s an awesome product and I would much rather paint some screw heads than stress out over it! Rant over. - KY

Quick Reply: Tuffy