Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Trying to track a rack

Old 08-12-2008, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Trying to track a rack

I know I've seen a rack on the forums that mounted above the soft top and actually flipped back over the rear of the Jeep and could be dressed with a canopy or tent. I've been searching all over the place the last couple of days, but I haven't been able to find it. Anyone know which rack I'm thinking of? I could have sworn it was in the 'Trails and Tales' forum, but I've had no luck.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:14 PM
JK Newbie

These flip to the side and can fit a canopy.... they are pretty sweet looking. The 2007 model cargo racks for the JK 2-door tilt the basket to the rear of the vehicle while all of the new ’08 models for both 2-door and 4-door Wrangler TJ and JK models tilt the basket to the passenger side of the vehicle.

wildboarproducts.com/cargoracks.html

Last edited by wayoflifette; 02-06-2009 at 11:29 PM. Reason: edited link
Old 08-12-2008, 02:32 PM
JK Freak

The three models that come to mind when you say flip back are....

Dave's rack and the Garvin wilderness and wild boar................. hope this helps
Old 08-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Originally Posted by deconstructionist
The three models that come to mind when you say flip back are....

Dave's rack and the Garvin wilderness and wild boar................. hope this helps

x2 Olympic had a rack that flipped over and created an area to use it as a canopy frame...
Old 08-12-2008, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Interesting that Wild Boar only shows the sunrider portion of the top being folded back. I wonder if the second half of the process is harder? If not, seems like a great product.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks to all, it was the Olympic Dave's Rack I was thiinking of. I love the wild boar racks, exspecially given the gas shocks, but I wanted something I can use as Additional cover for a camp stove while camping, or as a covered shelter in front of the tent.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

anyone know the price for the Wild Boar 2door model??

Nevermind; found it

Last edited by dkingjk; 08-13-2008 at 06:27 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wildboartechsupport
Yes you can remove the full softop with our cargo racks. There is one support strut above the rollbar in the softtop skeleton for JKs that needs to be unscrewed for full fold back - thats a condition of the soft top itself. If you read the jeep manual notes it explains how to fold your top down and you will see what i am talking about. Once you do that it folds right through our cargo racks.

We didn't bother showing that in our studio shot due to time constraints but we will post a video on our site later when I go back out to California to shoot additional products.

I dont recall the manufacturer but there is someone who makes a replacement quick release screw thingy (techinical term) for that piece. its very handy. If someone remembers the name and manufacturer please post it.
I think that's only for full removal. To fold it back for on-board storage, you just pop and go. Maybe screws for the standard soft top, but not for the sunrider version.

My concern was more about an aft cross bar on the rack. There's a moment in the folding process where you have to go up to continue down and a fixed rear cross bar would make that tough.

Quick Reply: Trying to track a rack