Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Trouble with Johnny Law????

Old 02-05-2008, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE:

I drive onto a military base everyday and have never had a problem even when the doors are off. No problems on the street either.

I have the Jeeperman rear bumper with a 35" tire which restricts virtually the whole view through the rear window and was a little worried about cops noticing that but thus far no problems.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pkdailey4
I like having side view mirrors, helps me see who's next to me if i wanna change lanes ''safely'' .Or maybe being cool is more important. I also ride a motorcycle and like when people are able to see me next to them before they decide to run me over! Use your heads . This isnt all about you ! and whether or not you can get away with it. Get some mirror relocation brackets . Your legal and cool all at the same time

Whoa, buddy. How is this being selfish? And how the hell could any of us not be cool either way? Just wondered if the cops gave people a hard time or not, and maybe i will get a relocation bracket. No harm done. Maybe you could just ride behind me and shoot your maouth off every time it looks like I want to pass someone. Loosen up. this is supposed to be fun.

Think about it before you label someone selfish.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Cops around here seem to target Jeeps and other modified trucks for once a year, giving warnings about doors, mirrors, fenders, bumpers, tires, lights and anything else they can cook up

I've never seen anyone get a ticket (that wasn't deserved, wheeling drunk is still driving drunk), but I've never seen someone outside of the government regulations either. They just give us a hard time for a few weeks then they go pick on the tuner guys.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mjolnir
They just give us a hard time for a few weeks then they go pick on the tuner guys.
Thats called sharing the love! I used to get hasseled by the man on my Harley. Everyone gets a turn.

Quick Reply: Trouble with Johnny Law????